- Lead, support and improve the JBV EHS&S risk management process and ensure implementation
- Ensure regulatory compliance of the EHS&S risk management process
- Conduct, support and improve EHS&S risk assessments
- Technical EHS&S support for projects and for other changes within the organization
- EHS&S Management of Change specialist
- EHS&S expert on safe work practices e.g. Permit to Work, Confined space entry, LOTO etc.
- Lead, support and improve the Emergency Preparedness & Response process and ensure implementation
- Develop EHS&S training and execute EHS&S training on topics within the area of expertise
- Develop and improve EHS&S processes and practices
- First contact person for our Maintenance, Facilities and Engineering departments regarding EHS&S related questions and give EHS&S support on incident investigations
- Lead incident investigations
- Execute internal EHS&S audits
- Plan and execute EHS&S inspections
- Depending on the departmental needs and the expertise’s present within the EHS&S team EHSS responsibilities can change within time.
- You are driven to search for practical EHS&S solutions which are compliant with legislation and J&J Standards. This with close interaction with other experts within the company. You are only satisfied when improvements are sustainable. You have a “can do” mentality and see improving the EHS&S performance as a collective responsibility. You focus only on short term fixes when really needed because you prefer to focus on long term solutions while you coach others to do the same.
Education, experience and knowledge necessary for this function
- Bachelor or comparable level (e.g. chemical, technical safety)
- Experience with technical safety aspects within a production, lab, chemical and/or
- biological environment
- Experience with the international Management System Standards ISO14001 and OHSAS18001
- Additional course Safety Manager level 3 (“HVK”) or comparable can lead to preference
- Dutch and English in speaking and writing
The Johnson & Johnson (J&J) family
of companies is globally active in Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices and
Consumer Health Care. We employ over 128,000 professionals in 60 countries
and they all have the same credo ‘Caring for the world, one person at a time’.
We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and
services to advance the health and well-being of billions of people.
Janssen Biologics (part of J&J
pharmaceuticals) makes, acquires and markets unique biopharmaceutical
medicines. We thereby build on our leading position in the development of
monoclonal antibodies. Antibodies are substances that the body produces in
response to bacteria, viruses or other foreign substances. The innovative
products from Janssen Biologics focus on three major disease categories:
cardiovascular and immunological disorders and cancer.
Biologics has built a dedicated and multi-functional, world-class team that
develops a promising pipeline of products in numerous disciplines. Approximately1000
employees work in Leiden.
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable
asset and we take your career seriously. You’ll be part of the local EHS&S team
in an innovative and international environment with room for personal and
professional development. Through e-university, on the job training, various projects
and programs, we ensure your personal growth by focusing on your talent.
Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
Janssen Biologics (7266)