Johnson & Johnson Careers
Business Development Manager, Animal Health - Northern England & Scotland
Requisition ID: 1905741057W
We are recruiting a VET Business Development Manager for our Ethicon business in the Northern England & Scotland
- Achieve agreed objectives and sales targets as outlined in the annual performance cycle.
- Within allocated geographical region, interact and promote products to key customers and stakeholders in secondary care. Takes the lead in managing the Specialty customer.
- Manage territory through the development of comprehensive business plans. Focus on highest value opportunities to grow and develop new business including taking competitor share and the adoption of new technologies whilst maintaining key customers and core business.
- Manage and develop accounts and own the relationship between the Company and the customer, ensuring efficient alignment of all efforts to maximise impact of all activities driving growth.
- Work with Regional Sales Manager and other colleagues to define commercial requirements to grow and protect our business.
- Ensure key insights from the external marketplace are appropriately shared internally to shape future business plans.
- Ensure competence in procedural focus area and product portfolio.
- Act as an ambassador for Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices aligned to our Credo.
- Analyse and interpret account strategies and plans utilizing key systems and data, both intern ally and externally, where appropriate to gain a broad understanding of the business environment and insights in to account needs
- Develop, deploy and maintain tactical account business plans that align to business and customer objectives to deliver agreed objectives
- Prepare appropriate plans to meet with customers (with contingencies) in order to deliver on account plans and milestones
- Prepare presentations for meetings as appropriate
- Build strong networks of relationships that enable the identification of mutually beneficial opportunities to sell key technologies in the surgical procedural environment
- Present brand value propositions and value-added customer solutions to positively influence buying behaviours
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices to deliver business plan
- Collaborate with other Sales Specialists and commercial teams to deliver coordinated approach where applicable
- Respond to requests for support from other customer facing colleagues and proactively share information and insights where customer may be shared across via the customer relationship management system
- Contribute and collaborate with colleagues in regional team to work collaboratively towards regional business planning goals
- Leadership of customer training activities
- Partner with Professional Education to develop and maintain associated KOL relationships as well as championing the effective use of the Company’s comprehensive Professional Education offering
- Understand technical information pertinent to the procedure and product platform
- Maintain up-to-date market and industry knowledge
- Strong Selling & Negotiating skills
- Ability to effectively plan
- Excellent communication skills –written, spoken and presentation ability
- Excellent commercial acumen
- Influencing and business partnering skills – understands stakeholders requirements, ability to analyse requirements and develop strategies that drives the adoption of technologies and become a trusted business advisor providing solutions
- Ability to build trust with customers by asking probing questions that helps the customer achieve their objectives, acting in a consultative manner
- Effectively utilise the Company’s selling tools (Integrity Selling)
- Continual learning utilising the internal training modules
- Maintain deep clinical expertise in procedure and product knowledge
- Networking – proactive in business situations; expands network continually; comfortable in meeting new people and stimulating conversation
- Collaborating and teaming – team player, actively engages and collaborates across functional boundaries.
- Drive and tenacity and a strong winning spirit
- Information Technology skills
- Proven successful track record in selling, ideally within the Medical Devices sector
- Degree desirable
- ABPI (where appropriate)
- Act as a role model for J&J Credo values at all times. Demonstrate honesty and ethical behaviour in all areas of responsibility
- Maintain thorough familiarity with your detailed personal Health & Safety responsibilities as described in the Company’s Health & Safety policy
- Adherence to UK Safe Fleet Policy
- Adherence to Healthcare Compliance Policies
- Adherence to all Company policies and necessary training and development requirements within required time frames
- Ensure compliance to the Company’s product complaint processWillingness to travel, and attend meetings as required
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)