Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Director S&D Global Consumer MAKE
Requisition ID: 1905741030W
Designs the strategy and organizational structure for the Consumer manufacturing network (internal & external), drives (global) process standardization & (regional/local) excellence in execution through deployment and governance of global programs, owns the performance management process for Consumer Global Make, accelerates sustainable improvement across all areas of performance (Competitiveness; Compliance; Capabilities; Customer focus) and supports strategic programs to elevate the manufacturing capabilities (people, systems, processes, infrastructure). Coordinates, aligns and prioritizes strategies across partner supply chain functions (Plan, Make and Deliver).
· Leads a team of professionals strongly collaborating with the regional Make & Quality Excellence leaders as well as the other functional Excellence leaders (Plan, Source, Deliver), aligning strategy and approach to program, project and performance management.
· Direct team responsibility for Global Performance, Strategy & Execution (PSE), synchronization and deployment of global strategic programs, Prioritization & Portfolio management, Business Intelligence & digital transformation, Global Make Analytics (GMA), workforce optimization, benchmarking and productivity measurements.
· Translates the business needs into the strategic direction for Global MAKE, connected to the overall R&D and SC strategy
· Leads the development and deployment of the Consumer MAKE strategic roadmap, and translates actions into OGSM
· Drives execution of strategies through effective governance and management of improvement portfolio, key programs and projects, and performance management
· Ensures alignment of the prioritization and resource allocation with the overall strategic Consumer Supply Chain agenda.
· Challenges the status quo to reset the current thinking of “what good looks like”.
· Leverages proven frameworks to evaluate current status and next steps in manufacturing maturity.
· Scans the internal (other J&J segments) and the external (industry, academia) environment for best in class solutions, practices and benchmarks
· Enables decision making by bringing benchmark market and competitiveness data
· Supports network configuration studies
· Enables differentiated capability building within MAKE in support of the deployment of the transformational programs and rapid adoption of best-in-class practices
· Organizes the capabilities review process
· Leads the strategic planning, execution and follow up of the right programs to elevate MAKE capabilities (systems, process, people, organizational)
· Leads the PMO capabilities in Consumer MAKE (roll out of common platforms, standard trainings, etc)
Portfolio Management/ PMO for Global Consumer MAKE
- Leads the standard performance management strategy and framework to define, analyze and report key performance metrics across the Consumer Make global portfolio
- Establishes and improves a PPM prioritization system & process to allow optimum allocation of resources (CAPEX, people, etc)
- Develops, drives, and actively participates with other functions & segment S&D leaders towards E2E harmonization of processes
- Partners closely with finance to track budget vs. actual performance for the organization throughout the year including the coordination for the major financial updates
- Leads the deployment of the segment and global based Project Management strategy
- Develops short and long-term strategies to drive harmonization, continuous improvements, innovation and transformation
- Uses metrics and benchmarks (both internal and external) to identify best practices, cost reduction, process improvement and redesign initiatives. Maintains external perspectives through industry contacts and professional associations.
- Oversees the development of business cases to drive improved decision-making and accelerated implementation
- Provides leadership to the PSE function. Develops talent and leverages skills and resources across regions.
- Provides leadership and sponsorship of a high performance and continuous process improvement culture, driven by metrics, benchmarking and best practices
- Assesses the degree of change required for strategy effectiveness, then incorporates into the implementation plan to drive the change smoothly and ensure successful execution
- Leverages portfolio and performance insights to initiate responses to management requests and business needs.
Other responsibilities (indicative):
· Governance & support for Global MAKE LT meetings and reviews (design of reviews and meeting rhythm, agenda setting, prioritization of topics, follow up on actions)
· Preparation of senior leadership presentations
· Sponsorship and execution of key Consumer MAKE events linked to MAKE roadmap and strategy
Key partnerships / Collaborations
· Consumer Global MAKE LT
· Consumer Regional MAKE Excellence Leaders
· Consumer and Enterprise Strategy & Deployment Leaders (SC, Plan, Source, Deliver)
· Consumer MAKE Finance
Senior Consumer SC Leaders
Multi year experience in MAKE is required
· 10 + years of experience overall SC, Operations, Project Mgt
· Ability to translate business needs into strategic direction
· Strong process orientation with solid financial and analytical skills, including business case development
· Ability to effectively partner and deliver results in a matrixed environment
· Ability to lead the analysis of complex business processes using various tools such as process mapping, financial modeling, metrics, measures and statistical tools
Ability to lead a team of professionals with diverse skills and competencies spanning business and technical – located remotely
· Ability to lead and influence others in a complex matrix organization
· Ability to analyze complex issues using critical thinking, problem solving, sound judgment skills
· Ability to adapt emerging best practices and industry innovations
BS/BA – Finance / Business / Engineering / SC required
Cilag GmbH International (8525)