Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 1905740731W
& Johnson Law Department is recruiting for a Legal Counsel, located in
Leiden, The Netherlands. Attached are instructions on how to create a profile,
bid on a job or make a referral. The job requisition ID is 1905740731W.
The Legal Counsel will provide legal support to the Janssen Pharmaceuticals group, dealing with a complex and broad variety of issues, with a focus on supporting the R&D division.
The Pharmaceutical group of Johnson & Johnson (known as Janssen) is a leader in the development and commercialization of pharmaceuticals in disease areas such as Neuroscience, Immunology, Oncology, Pulmonary Hypertension, Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases, and Infectious Diseases & Vaccines.
A qualified lawyer with about 5 - 7 years of relevant legal experience, your excellent legal knowledge is underpinned by strong communication skills and the ability to influence and work collaboratively at all levels (including senior management). While in-house experience would be advantageous, your ability to operate effectively within a dynamic and challenging international environment as well as your interest in healthcare are key requirements. Experience in the R&D field, including support of clinical trials, and a general understanding of intellectual property matters (especially patents) would be an asset.
The main focus of this position is to:
- provide counsel to the Janssen Vaccines organization as well as to EMEA Pharmaceutical R&D organization;
- advise on R&D strategic matters, and draft and negotiate strategic contracts relating to e.g. licenses, funding, business development initiatives, and research collaborations;
- provide legal support for clinical trial related matters for the EMEA region, including different types of clinical trial agreements;
- coordinate response to potential litigation and conflicts, in collaboration with local outside counsel, in a broad range of legal fields;
- work closely with other lawyers as well as functions such as Clinical, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Compliance, Finance, Tax and others;
- train business people on local and regional legal matters;
- act as a lead lawyer within the J&J Law Department in one or more domains, based on relevant expertise (e.g. IP/patents, privacy/data, pharmaceutical/regulatory law, clinical trials, EU and other funding mechanisms etc.)
You will report into the lead lawyer for Janssen Vaccines and will be a part of the J&J Legal Department, which provides support across the 3 business segments of J&J (Pharmaceuticals, Consumer and Medical Devices).
The position will require occasional travelling within EMEA and to the US, for deal-making and Global and EMEA team meeting purposes.
- Law degree obtained with excellent results; a supplementary degree or LLM considered an asset.
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience in legal work, preferably in a top-tier law firm and/or as an in-house counsel of a multinational corporation.
- R&D experience; experience in the healthcare industry and experience with clinical trials is considered a strong asset.
- Comfortable working as part of a global and matrixed team and keen to interact and collaborate with a diverse group of people, within a dynamic and complex international corporate environment.
- Team player, solution oriented, business savvy, pro-active, positive mindset; outstanding communication and negotiation skills; able to individually manage strategic and complex matters; able to have positive impact and work collaboratively across all levels and functions.
- Excellent in English. Dutch and other languages are considered an asset.
- Committed to deliver at high quality and high speed, while dedicated to the highest ethical standards
Your unique talents and perspective can make a vital contribution to innovative products that improve the lives of people everywhere. Johnson & Johnson strives to attract people with strong, positive values, and develops, reinforces and rewards those values. The company’s special set of values is embodied in Our Credo, a document that has guided the company for 75 years. As its ethical framework, it outlines the responsibility to customers, employees, communities and stockholders. With good career development opportunities and an excellent range of benefits, if our ethos is aligned to your values, then this could be the career move for you.
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention BV (8852)