Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manufacturing Engineer Apprentice-3D Printing
Requisition ID: 1905740358W
Role: Apprentice Engineer- 3D printing
Location: Cork, Ireland
Reports to: Senior Engineer
DePuy Synthes, Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is the largest, most comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world, built upon the strong legacies of two great companies.
DePuy Synthes offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of technology, devices, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
Our broad array of inspired, innovative and high-quality offerings helps advance the health and wellbeing of people around the world.
DePuy Synthes, who employ over 1000 people in Cork established its manufacturing facility in Cork in 1997 where it manufactures orthopedic knees and hips. In 2014, DePuy Synthes in Cork won the Shingo Prize for Operational Excellence.
The apprentice engineer will work in the Cork engineering group under the supervision of 1 or more Engineers. The main responsibility will be to complete all activities assigned to the apprentice under the guidance of the qualified Engineer while also completing the apprenticeship program as specified .
The role is based in the new 3D printing centre of excellance which serves the Knees, Hips and shoulder markets. The role will allow access to new technologies and novel inspection techniques to bring value to the business. The successful candidate will have front row access to this exciting new manufacturing technology.
What you’re great at:
• Eager to learn.
• Interested in new technologies.
• A team player.
• Good communicator.
As a 3D printing Engineer your day may include
• Development and operation of Inspection technology to assess new 3D printed product designs.
• Process Development and operation of new additive technologies.
• Lead concept to delivery activities of new 3D Printed products.
• Implementing new technologies to a worldwide supply chain.
• Design and manufacture of process and inspection technology fixturing solutions.
• The apprenticeships will be run in conjunction with SOLAS, the National Training Authority and are time and standards based.
• During their training each apprentice will achieve specific skills, which are competency based and will be assessed against a set criteria before they move to the next phase of their training.
• The apprenticeship will be based in the 3D Printing Center of Excellence group and will be focused on one primary department for the duration of the apprenticeship.
• The apprentice will focus on the specific area of Metrology and dimensional measurement of 3D Printed products.
• The apprentice will always be shadowed by an engineer who will act as their mentor and trainer throughout the entire training process.
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work, and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines, and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers. We share a kind of DNA where we’re each:
• Committed to caring.
• Responsible to our communities.
• Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how.
• Rare in our background and experiences.
• The drivers of our own success.
• Passionate about doing what’s right.
Make a unique mark in your career
If you want to be seen for the talent you bring to your work, be the driver of your own career, and work with others who share your real passion for caring and success, then we invite you to join the Johnson & Johnson Talent Community by visiting www.careers.jnj.com.
If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson Medical, a Johnson & Johnson company. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To be part of this high performing team you will have great attention to detail and have
• Leaving cert qualification.
Depuy (Ireland) Limited (7386)