Janssen Research & Development seeks to bring innovative and effective treatments in six therapeutic areas of high unmet medical need. Our medicinal chemistry group in Europe focusses on developing innovative small molecule therapeutics to treat diseases like Alzheimer’s disease, various types of cancers and infectious diseases like Hepatitis B, influenza etc. We are currently looking for enthusiastic candidates with a strong background in organic chemistry, photochemistry, flow chemistry and/or medicinal chemistry, to join the Chemical Technologies team at our Toledo Research center (Spain)
The Chemical Technologies team focuses on the application of non-traditional synthesis technologies, such as photochemistry and flow chemistry, to the preparation of novel compounds with biological interest spanning from Hit Generation to Late Lead Optimization programs.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, fluent in English both verbal and in writing
• Good soft skills, willing to challenge the status quo in a constructive manner suggesting alternative solutions for existing problems
• Desire for continuous learning in emerging areas of science.
• Proficiency in executing challenging organic reactions, compound purification and structure determination, recording the information to assure reproducibility.
• Hands on knowledge of automated synthesis approaches and/or high throughput experimentation set-ups is considered a plus
• Expertise or a keen interest in handling large data sets, artificial intelligence, and machine learning is a plusCalificaciones
• PhD level, postdoctoral experience preferred.
• Knowledge of photochemistry and/or flow chemistry technologies. Ubicación principal
Janssen-Cilag S.A. (formerly Janssen Sp) (7300)Área