Johnson & Johnson Careers
Engineer – Datacenter Facilities
Requisition ID: 1905739511W
‘Caring for the world, one person at a time’... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Janssen Pharmaceutica joined the Johnson & Johnson group in 1961. Today, Janssen Pharmaceutica is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world. Our research and development centre, develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
Johnson & Johnson Technology Services manages all IT infrastructure (architecture, engineering, deployment and support) for the Johnson & Johnson Family of companies world-wide.
Data Center Facilities Engineer reports to the Engineering Director or Regional
Data Center Manager. The position
requires a minimum of 8 years active experience in planning, designing,
deploying, managing and monitoring systems and data center infrastructure.
The Data Center Facilities Engineer also supports operations and analyzes problems or malfunctions to ensure timely resolution. She/he participates in the coordination of corrective actions with Systems Engineering as appropriate.
She/he documents problems and their resolution. Ensures the operational integrity of all changes to the operational environment.
The ideal candidate is very well organized, a great team player who challenges the status-quo and likes to work in a multi-cultural multinational company.
The position is based in Beerse, Belgium.
- Position requires assessing data center solution requirements, evaluation of existing infrastructure performance and development of infrastructure improvements.
- Manage and coordinate life cycle replacement process of critical infrastructure supporting data center locations.
- Work requires interface with data center engineering firms, raised floor team members, contractors, suppliers, and professionals.
- Coordinate yearly investments planning with the Regional Data Center Manger and the Raised Floor Manager.
- Communicate effectively with customers, employees and top level executives.
- Support, troubleshoot and provide technical assistance to other IT support functions in the deployment and operation of IT equipment; provide technical expertise for root cause analysis and remediation recommendations.
- Develop repeatable design solutions that will provide reduced delivery and implementation timelines, as well as leverage key global suppliers.
- Implement solutions in a manner that requires or minimizes down time for implementation.
- Work with the Global Data Center Engineering team and Regional DC Manager to 1) develop standardized engineering designs and solution deployments to regional data centers. 2) Develop remediation plans to address/meet standards and/or address reliability/availability issues 3) operational issues in data center.
- Provide basis of design and conceptual engineering designs as part of initial planning phases and project scoping process of the data center infrastructure project.
- Develop project and expense budgets and manage all work within budget constraints. Execute required Financial and Chartering process for IT owned projects through approval phase. Participate in same approval process for business unit owned projects.
- Develop and maintain project plans and timelines of each project from design through completion of project. Manage planning, design, permitting and execution of the data center infrastructure projects.
- Provide the role of project manager when project is directly supported funded by internal IT department. Coordinate project execution with internal clients including WWE, EH&S, Security, and site Administration.
- Participate in the on-call roster to respond to date center reliability incidents.
- This role may require travel up to 25%.
- Bachelor of Science, Engineering discipline, mechanical or electrical preferred, or equivalent working experience and knowledge.
- A minimum of 8 years of mission critical engineering experience.
- Proficiency in the design, operation and control of data center electrical, mechanical support infrastructure. This includes UPS, Cooling, and backup power systems.
- Experience with CAD application(s) and MS suite of software tools.
- Project management experience including budgetary responsibility.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills and ability to present complex engineering solutions to non-technical audience.
- Strong analytic problem solving skills associated with raised floor technologies.
- Strong and Effective interpersonal skills and communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to motivate a diverse staff including third party contributors
- Proficient with Microsoft Office-based applications (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to execute multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Demonstrate ability to produce quality work on a consistent basis
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)