Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Engineer Manufacturing Technology
Requisition ID: 1905739409W
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention B.V. is one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, and is focused on the development, production and marketing of vaccines and antibodies to prevent and combat infectious diseases. At the Leiden Site, talented and multi-scaled people are working in a dynamic culture in which innovation and a 'can do' state of mind are the central points. To build up and strengthen our Operations Team in the Launch Facility we are looking for several enthusiastic and talented
Sr. Engineer Manufacturing Technologies
Vaccines Launch Facility
The Vaccines Launch Facility is a state-of-the-art vaccines manufacturing facility which is designed to manufacture drug substance on a 1000 L scale for Phase III and commercial purposes. Currently the facility is in a start-up phase before GMP phase 3 and commercial batches can be produced.
Unique in Janssen is that the Vaccines Launch Facility accommodates a manufacturing process solely based on single use processing. This new technology brings opportunities and challenges and is at its early phase in maturity within the Janssen platform.
As senior engineer manufacturing technologies at the VLF, you will be primarily responsible for the maintain and maturation of single-use technology in the plant, and the reach out for platform standardization and implementation within the Janssen network. It includes defining product improvements, process improvements for reliable processing, and assessments on ergonomics and first time right. You will work closely together with the operators within the VLF that supply, use and dispose the single use assemblies. You will also have regular contact with the vendors for product optimization, issue control a reliable and improved lead times.
The single use organization within the VLF consists currently of a Lead (supervisor Operations Support) an item specialist (sr. operator Operations Support) en an operator (operator Operations Support); next to all VLF operators that require a basic level of single-use knowledge and training.
Being part of the Operations Support team, makes you also responsible for maintaining, troubleshoot & support and improving supporting processes, such as supply of single use items, BSL-2 waste management, VHP area decontamination, freezer storage and transport management and other supporting / logistic like processes. Most of this part lies in defining what is needed to mature the processes to a more reliable and lean execution. A key role with many contacts with adjacent departments such as Sodexo, PES, Berendsen, Janssen Vaccines, Plant 1, Warehouse, and Distribution Center.
As a senior Engineer Manufacturing Technologies, you will be responsible for:
Further implementation and maturation of the single-use technology in Vaccines Launch Facility. This includes topics such as: Business continuity plan in place, product portfolio optimization, Issues investigations and performance metric, operator training plan, and issue management and mitigation.
Further implementation and maturation of the Operations support processes (VHP, BSL-2 waste, SUT Supply, BSL-2 gowning, Dailies)
Have proper validations, qualification and operations assessments in place for ops support processes.
Support priorities for Operations Support and aligning them with the Operations support processes involved, constantly assessing and improving the efficiency of the processes and the team, so that the production systems, the production facility and the resources are optimally utilized.
An effective communication between the various locations, customers (internal / external/ JVP / JBV) and promotes cooperation and synergy in this.
Supervising activities carried out by third parties in your responsible area.
Operations support capacity assessments and process implementations when required along the maturation and development of the VLF processes.
- HBO or WO degree in biotechnology, biochemistry, biomedicine, process technology (or equivalent education).
- Min. 4 years’(WO) or 6 years’(WO) experience in a biotechnology or biopharmaceutical industry environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good command of English and Dutch in word and writing.
- Demonstrated EHS and GMP awareness.
- Demonstrated insight in conceptual thinking and practical technical perspective.
- Experience with Lean methodology, Certified Green Belt.
- Experience in single-use technology preferred.
- Enthusiastic Team player, flexible, “Can do” attitude, critical and proactive.
- Strategic thinking: setting frameworks and goals and translating the departmental vision from the Business Cascade.
- Innovative: Continuous innovation of the work processes and working environment.
- Analytical ability and dealing with complexity: Interpret facts, makes connections between multiple signals, searches for the root cause. Identifies obstacles for the medium term.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Making optimal use of different talents, knowledge and skills.
- Stress resistant: Remains calm and exudes calm to the environment, even in complex situations.
- Credo: Applies an example function in your own behavior and stimulates this behavior.
- Collaboration and communication: Build solid, productive relationships
- Decision making: Can make timely decisions within set frameworks.
Start date: 01JUN19
Period: Permanent position.
For more information about this position please contact Bianca van Leeuwen via 0611197594 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply directly online via Mycareeropportunities (MCO). (vacancy number: 1905739409W
Janssen Biologics (7266)