Johnson & Johnson Careers
HR Leader, Employee & Labor Relations
Requisition ID: 1905739248W
Caring for the world, one person at a time... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Cilag GmbH International belongs to Johnson & Johnson family of companies and includes several business units from the Pharmaceutical, Consumer and Medical Devices sectors. Over the last years, several business units have been established within the legal entity of Cilag GmbH International, creating a diverse, international organization with over 950 employees. Cilag GmbH International is an International Sourcing Center of the Johnson & Johnson pharmaceutical division handling the supply chain of the Janssen Group.
HR LEADER, EMPLOYEE & LABOR RELATIONS
The Manager, Employee & Labor Relations (ER/LR) has overall responsibility to lead delivery of Employee Relations and Labor Relations Services and (if applicable) local HR services within Switzerland. They are responsible for the effective management of Employee Relations matters (grievances, discipline) measured by resolution of service requests. They will provide Labor Relations expert consulting services to HR and Businesses (CBA administration and negotiation, Labor Relations procedures). They will provide overall Labor Relations support throughout the collective bargaining process and drive proactive initiatives to increase ER/LR awareness with Managers & Employees, as well as support any ad hoc workforce events requiring ER or LR involvement.
Additionally, they may be responsible to host onsite HR Services within Switzerland for providing Employee Relations, Labor Relations, HR Compliance and other identified onsite services for the local workforce.
- Manage country operational activities to achieve target key performance indicators, operational level agreements and service levels by executing resource planning to ensure availability of staff and support.
- Manage the operational plans to increase the effectiveness of services while improving the customer experience
- Employee Relations – Ensure timely and compliant handling of all Grievance and Discipline Requests. Coach & train managers and employees.
- Labor Relations: input on Labor Relations Strategy, preparation & negotiation of CBA within agreed parameters with HR, Business impact assessment, ad hoc Labor Relations consulting including for major workforce events (M&A, Divestitures, Restructuring)
- Benefits and Leaves – Answer complex local questions; assist with enrollment. Directs the operation of local work related to benefits and compensation, partnering with the Regional Total Rewards Lead to ensure that standard processes are followed
- Performance Management – Coach managers on managing performance issues
- Other HR Admin – Ensure timely and accurate handling of local administration work such as compliance administration and workforce data management
- Work closely with internal and external partners as well as workers council and leadership teams
- Notify relevant Centre of Excellence, Global Policies team on regulatory changes
- Ensure workplace policies are current and in compliance with applicable local laws
- Support management of Grievance and Discipline requests requiring higher level knowledge and authority and/or interaction with 3rd parties
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 8+ years HR experience with a concentration in Employee Relations, Labor Relations, and HR Generalist experience researching, investigating, and addressing employee misconduct and below job performance standards; providing guidance to management
- A legal background and/or a law degree is required
- Fluent in the English and German language
- Knowledge of Swiss Employment and Labor Relations practices
- HR Domain experience as an HR Generalist / HR Business Partner or Recruiting
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience managing, planning and implementing projects and strategic change initiatives.
- Detail-oriented (especially with regard to effectively managing employee relations issues and investigations)
- Influence leadership skills, in an indirect, matrix-based, and virtual environment
- Enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- Relationship management, coaching and collaboration skills.
- Strong interpersonal, consultative and facilitation skills.
- Strong presentation skills; can speak across various forums and communicate to broad, diverse audience
Please note: this role requires 20-30% travel within Switzerland.
Cilag GmbH International (8525)