Johnson & Johnson Careers
Inspection and Testing Supervisor
Requisition ID: 1905739245W
The Johnson and Johnson Family of companies is comprised of more than 250 operating companies in 57 countries employing approximately 128,000 people. Johnson and Johnson is the world ‘s most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related products for the consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices & diagnostics markets. At least a billion people around the world are touched each day by what we do.
Inspection & Testing Supervisor – Ethicon Neuchatel, Switzerland (9-month contract)
In this position, Inspection and Testing Supervisor administers Quality Laboratories, and directly supervises Lab. Technicians in day-to-day activities supporting Surgicel, Gynecare and Matrix Manufacturing areas providing test result reporting, test method validation, documentation review, and support projects and process upgrading of existing processes and products and subsequent qualifications.
This position is part of the new MD Lab. Transformation Organization, and reports directly to the EMEA Lab. Director, and dotted-line to the Plant Quality Manager.
Under general direction and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and Corporate Johnson & Johnson, procedures and guidelines, this position:
- Supervises the daily activities of the quality assurance technicians and other quality assurance activities.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laboratory regulations, standards and procedures.
- Trains, plans, schedules and assigns work, appraises performance and resolves problems.
- Manage laboratory testing of raw materials, in process materials and finished product in support of the manufacturing schedule and to ensure timely delivery of product to customers.
- Ensures laboratory test equipment is in a compliant state, including timely replacement and new equipment introduction. Ensures the coordination of test method, laboratory equipment validation (IQ/OQ/PQ) and acts as validation approver for Operations Validations.
- Supervising Environmental Monitoring Program. Ensure dose Audit Program is scheduled and executed timely. Performing and managing monthly or/and quarterly report/trending charts for EM, Dose Audit and Bioburden.
- Manage annual qualifications for Ethylene Oxide and Gamma Sterilization. Support any sterilization non-conformance investigation. Review Ethylene Oxide sterilization certificates, processing parameters and releasing to QA/QC.
- Investigate non-conformances event and initiates corrective actions as required. Supports investigations and approve related non-conformances.
- Initiating and implementation of corrective and preventive action and quality data trending for CAPA review board evaluation.
- Reviews, for approval or rejection, all procedures or specifications impacting on the identity, purity and quality of final products.
- Evaluates, recommends and approves expenses requirements to ensure maximum utilization of laboratory supplies to fulfill department objectives. Manage budget for the laboratories.
- SME during projects, regulatory, MDD and notified body audits/inspections.
- Facilitate the execution & performance of the Records Management Program.
- Responsible for ensuring that subordinates follow all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition, if applicable
- University level in Engineering or Science. A Master of Science or PhD is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Quality with supervisory experience.
- Experience with ISO 13485 and GMP is required.
- Green Belt or Black Belt certification is desirable.
- Quality and Statistical tools knowledge are desirable.
- Microbiology and Sterilization Expertise.
- Good level in written and spoken English. French is desirable.
- Proactive and able to take decisions.
- Able to work in a team, and to identify and simplify complex issues.
- Good interpersonal, organization, and oral/written communication skills.
- Independency, flexibility and serve minded.
- Analytical and mathematical skills
Ethicon SarL (8786)