Johnson & Johnson Careers
Reliability & Compliance Engineer
Requisition ID: 1905738120W
“Caring for the world … one person at a time” inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. This culture of caring is the focus of our corporate philosophy, that is anchored in the internationally applicable Credo. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 260 operating companies in more than 60 countries employing approximately 134,000 people. Our worldwide headquarters is in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA.
Janssen Vaccines in Bern (Switzerland) belongs to the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. Janssen is an organization of over 30,000 professionals working passionately to prevent, treat, cure and stop some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. In Bern, about 300 people of over 20 nationalities work together with the wider Janssen organization and partners on the development, manufacturing and analytical testing of novel vaccines and bacteria-based pharmaceutical products. We are committed to bring meaningful innovation to global health by combating major threats to the health of people worldwide.
The Technical Services department is supporting the the development and production of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients for Biologicals on the Bern site within Janssen.
The main customers are the internal departments like Operations, Development and QC. These units focus mainly on developing of new medicines as well as on the production for clinical trial material.
The technical services team manages the lifecycle of production equipment end-to-end in a safe, highly qualitative and cost-effective manner within the prescribed statutory and internal J & J requirements and strives for continuous improvement. To accelerate their pursuit for excellence, the team is looking for a:
Functional objectives and responsibilities
The focus for the job holder is to ensure the Technical Reliability of the plant by:
- Developing a long-term vision for improving the reliability of technical systems in close collaboration with Production, Engineering and other Site functions
- The development of work processes for risk management, including:
- Base Business Capital Replacement Planning;
- Risk assessment and risk mitigation (FMECA, HAZOP, RCM, …)
- Integration in Maintenance
- Curative, Preventive, Condition Based, Predictive Maintenance,
- Fault/Root Cause Analysis and Review (FRACAS)
- Taking on Process Ownership and driving continuous improvement:
- Monitoring of process performance
- Suggesting opportunities for improvement
- Overseeing cross-plant optimization
- Acting as formal spokesperson during internal and external audits
- The development of Site Master Plans with concrete reliability objectives for the technical installations and monitoring of the results
- Assuming a Subject Matter Technical Expert role in support of the reliability objectives by:
- Strong involvement in the design and hand-over of new manufacturing equipment
- Strong involvement in the development of engineering standards for equipment
- Strong involvement in conducting equipment performance reviews
- Strong involvement in ad-hoc root cause analysis on critical production installations
- Continuous monitoring of new developments in the field of professional maintenance
- Monitoring, evaluating and piloting new technologies to support the reliability targets
- Participating in and / or leading of Global Platform initiatives to develop or improve Global Maintenance Processes as well as securing those in the local organization.
- Master's Degree preferably in Engineering (or equivalent through experience)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an industrial environment in an operational function (production, maintenance, process engineering, engineering ...)
- Knowledge of and affinity with maintenance and engineering work is required
- Knowledge of the CMMS (SAP-PM) and Trackwise functionality is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Risk Management processes is highly desirable (HAZOP, SWIFT, FMECA, RCM ...)
- Knowledge of quality requirements in the Pharmaceutical Industry is a strong asset
- Knowledge of Process Safety Management requirements in the chemical industry is a strong asset (OSHAS, SEVESO, API, PED, SIL ...)
- Able to reason both abstractly/conceptually as well as practically at the shop floor level
- Candidates are able to operate at local level and connect easily at various levels in the organization.
- Candidates possess strong skills in communication and change management and have a result driven personality
- Good knowledge of German and English, both verbally and written
Janssen Vaccines AG (8851)