Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 1905738040W
Janssen Research & Development, a division of Janssen Pharmaceutica NV, has opened a laboratory technician position at our site in Beerse, Belgium. We are seeking a highly motivated and passionate lab technician to join our multinational Global Safety Pharmacology research group. This support covers from discovery, through clinical development and up to Marked products.
We are seeking an experienced professional Bachelor level biologist/biochemist with excellent cell culture skills to advance small molecule drug safety programs toward the clinic. In this laboratory-based position, the successful candidate should be a well-organized, team-orientated, and have the ability to eventually work semi-autonomously. He/she should have good communication skills and will be trained to execute experiments.
Key job responsibilities:
- The candidate will performs assigned experiments under direct supervision.
- Records all information obtained in experiments according to established procedures. Ensures that records and raw data are properly retained.
- Compiles data for interpretation by supervisor, including the use of statistical packages and standard data bases.
- Operates laboratory equipment, operates analytical and other instruments considered standard in our area of expertise.
- The candidate works as a member of a team under specific supervision and generally performs routine functions but is responsible for organizing own time and resources in an optimal fashion.
- Knowledge in cell culture techniques ideally related to primary cells and cells derived cardiomyocytes and/or neurons (e.g. handling of primary cell culture and induced pluripotent stem cells).
Education & experience
- A Professional bachelor degree in biochemistry, laboratory sciences or related disciplines
- Previous experience with cell culture methods
- Experience with electrophysiology techniques (microelectrode arrays, impedance, calcium imaging) would be highly advantageous
- Very strong communication and reporting skills
- Able to work effectively in a team, particularly in order to facilitate the efficient generation of lab results
- Capable of producing high quality data which can translate into biologically meaningful information, ensuring data integrity
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)