Johnson & Johnson Careers
HEMA Manager Spain
Requisition ID: 1905738021W
Health Economics & Market Access (HEMA) is a critical element of our market access strategies to ensure success in an increasingly challenging market environment. New regulations, a decision-making process where the clinician is no longer the only player, and a concept of value which is more and more based on evidence coming from clinical studies and derived economic value from our technologies and solutions, makes it a must that we equip ourselves with the required capabilities and convey a meaningful value-based message to our customers.
Within this context, the purpose of this role is to be the HEMA Manager for Spain, partnering closely with the Business and the HEMA team to develop and deliver Market access strategies and Health economics tools to address local needs
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for all market access and health economics activities supporting local business in alignment with regional market access strategies
Influence local decisions and shape the market access environment through key partnerships with KOLs and non-clinical stakeholders
Develop and implement local Market Access plans, in close collaboration with franchises
Communicate all relevant local information to the Regional HEMA in terms of local evidence needs to achieve market access goals
Identify opportunities for Health Economic evidence generation in order to support access to the market of our products
In collaboration with the European teams, be able to lead or be of support in the implementation of evidence generation studies locally.
Identify local databases/dataset providing insights into local access planning and local real world evidence as a foundation to local Health Economic studies
Responsible for local testing of HEMA tools to ensure local relevance and message acceptance by key stakeholders locally
Responsible for the adaptation and local approval of regionally developed HEMA tools, translating complex messages into simple statements that can easily be articulated by sales force
Work in collaboration with the franchise for the development of relevant health-economic tools responding to customer requests (i.e. Budget impact model, value dossier)
Responsible for the execution of Health Economic training activities internally and externally
Responsible to ensure that all quality and compliance JNJ requirements are supported as required.
Proven expertise in developing local market access strategies and health economics tools to drive business
Understanding of health economics, Evidence Based Medicine
Proven ability to understand business strategy; translate it into solutions that support the company’s business goals
Project management skills, ability to manage complexity and to prioritize
Experience working successfully in matrix environments
Masters degree in Health Economics or equivalent (preferred)
Medical Device experience in Spanish market, with high customer interaction
Solid understanding of Healthcare market dynamics
Proficient language skills in English, both verbal and written
Functional and Technical Competencies:
- Understanding the internal and external environment – High level of knowledge and experience in Spanish market. Understanding of the implication of the Spanish specific funding mechanism at all level required to obtain market access. Understanding of HEMA tools and their benefit for market access strategies and activities
- Applied skills and technical knowledge –knowledge of Critical Analysis and Health Economics, theory, techniques and how to apply them, Knowledge of Evidence Base Medicine
- Persuasive communication – strong competence in communication upstream and downstream.
- Team working – Ability to work in cross functional teams and in complex enviroment
- Strategic Thinking – applies expert geographic and local business need knowledge to translate global value proposition into locally applied value messages.
- Connect: Ability to connect and quickly establish meaningful relationships to develop deep insights and empathetic understanding of internal and external stakeholders
- Shape: Translate insights into meaningful value for customers
- Lead: Take ownership for HEMA initiatives at local level
- Deliver: Balance short term needs with longer term growth opportunities.
Spain-Community of Madrid-Madrid-
Johnson & Johnson, S.A. (8500)