Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff Engineer (Temporal 24 meses)
Requisition ID: 1905737591W
“Johnson & Johnson companies are equal opportunity employers”
The Global Job Posting policy promotes the commitment to the advancement and development of our employees. We invite you to read this posting and apply if you are interested in the position and meet the requirements.
Ethicon Endo Surgery (Planta Independencia), a Johnson & Johnson company, is a trusted, world-wide leader in medical devices company who contributes to the advance surgery and improves lives every day. We are qualified as one of the top best place to work. Joining ETHICON is more than joining a great company, it means being a part of a legacy of innovation, development and philanthropy. For more information, visit
Searching the best talent for: ENGINEER STAFF
· Add value through knowledge about process engineering; supports stabilization and the continuous improvement projects life cycle since its identification to the execution and closure in terms of cost, quality, efficiency and time cycle.
· Rapid response to operations in: technical resolution, direction change, manufacturing scalability, process/product development and replacing materials.
· Completes projects within the site or with suppliers, to provide an uninterrupted flow of components for assembly operations that meet instrument, quality, cost, and delivery requirements.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· May serve as a lead Operations engineer on a development/revision of a product of significant complexity, or contribute significant, unique expertise across multiple product lines. Is viewed by the organization as a role model in demonstrating the behaviors outlined in the Standards of Leadership. Is an authority in a specific technical field, exercising considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments. Work is generally expected to result in the development of new or re- fined equipment, materials, processes, products and/or technical methods. Must know and follow rules, policies and procedures of the company that are related with work activities within responsibility area, must assure that the subordinates know and follow same rules, policies and procedures.
· Complete training in responsibility area, within the time assigned. Training is required for changes and implementation of policies, existing procedures, new functions, etc. Complete re-training required in areas such as Safety and Environment.
· Follow all safety policies of the company and all the safety measures within work area. Promote Safety work environment to all workplace associates.
· Responsible for leading and executing projects focused in the variation reduction originated by process and/or design of the product that positively influences in the business metrics, strategic direction and financial results.
· Keep work plans through the year, such as change in base product design (product line extension), process changes and cost improvement projects.
· Identify and execute supply chain manufacturing and/or suppliers cost improvement projects.
· Lead technical projects within manufacturing site or suppliers to improve process capacity, capability, yield and maintainability.
· Provide technical support for the approval/ validation of changes/ improvements within manufacturing site or supplier processes
· Provide technical support for the resolution of component quality issues
· Potentially perform supervision functions in ME technical areas (PROJECTS/CAD/BOM).
· Sustain supply chain continuity by qualifying and validating site and/or supplier tooling as per component approval procedures.
· Ensures closure to component non-conformance issues with timely corrective action submission and approval of site and/or suppliers control plans.
· Other responsibilities may be assigned and not all responsibilities listed may be assigned.
EDUCATION / DEGREE - EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· B.S. Engineering degree
· 6 - 8 years of experience in a product development and/or manufacturing environment
· Experience in medical product industry is preferred.
· Bilingual English/Spanish
KEY SKILL / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
· Group integration, multifunctional tasking and coordinates collaboration between multiple functional groups.
· Effective communication, oral, written and for presentations.
· Project management, lead teams located in different areas while executing a Project.
Technical competencies, preferred
- Tool design
- Product/Process risk evaluation
- Cleaning Validation
- Design and automation of equipment
- Interplant transfers
- Design and validation of proof methods
- Lean and Six Sigma skills
- Process validation
- Design validation and verification
- Operations management
- Technical process writing
- Regulatory knowledge
- Plastic molding injection
Technical skills, preferred:
- Plastic processing
- Mechanical and electrical skills
- Process Characterizations
- Polymer knowledge
- Chemical processing
- Electrical, Electronics and PLC
- Assembly and equipment process development
- Metrology and calibrators development
- PLC (troubleshooting)
· Credo acting values and behavior
· Company Process and product knowledge
· Quality system knowledge
· GMP/ ISO knowledge
· Computer skills
- Proficient in Word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and database applications.
- Statistical analysis software
- Engineering software (FEA, CAD, etc) as it applies.
· Other skills may be required and not all skills listed may be utilized.
· Sitting at a computer
· Light office work
· Using the telephone
Global Leadership Profile Competencies:
Collaboration and Teaming ~ puts interests of enterprise above own; works well across functions and groups; builds teams effectively; inspires follower ship; instills a global mindset
Results and Performance Driven ~ assumes personal ownership and accountability for business results and solutions; willing to make tough calls; consistently delivers results that meet or exceed expectations; demonstrates a track record of people development; champions diversity; net exporter of successful talent
Prudent Risk-taking ~ inner confidence to take risks and learn from experience; courage to grab opportunities or shed non-viable businesses
Sense of Urgency ~ proactively senses and responds to problems and opportunities; works to reduce “cycle” time; takes action when needed.
Organization: EES INDEPENDENCIA
If you want to apply to this position, please consider the following information from our Global Job Posting Policy
• The employee has spent at least 18 months in his/her current position, and
• The employee is in good standing.
• Manager Notification - An employee may apply for a position without informing his/her manager. However, if the employee is invited to interview for a position, then, to the extent that this is consistent with local law or practice, s/he is required to notify his/her manager prior to the interview. This notification is encouraged to promote development discussions between the manager and the employee.
Refer an external candidate
If you want to refer an external candidate for this position, please review our Global Referral Policy and submit your referral throught My Career Opportunities by following the appropriate process.
Mexico-Chihuahua-Juarez-Durango 2751 Colonia Lote Bravo
E.E.S., S.A. de C.V. Mexico (8283)