Johnson & Johnson Careers
Finance Director Turkey & MISSA
Requisition ID: 1905737512W
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Finance Director - Medical Devices to be located in Istanbul, Turkey.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for more than 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 260 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 135.000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Device is currently recruiting for a Finance Director for Turkey and MISSA (Maghreb, Iran, Sub Saharan Africa. You provide strategic financial leadership, direction and management to our Medical Device business in Turkey and MISSA (jointly +$100MM sales) by being an integral member of the commercial leadership team including responsibility for ensuring strategy execution are fact-based and create value over the long term.
You represent and manage the business’ financial position in the areas of sales, expenses, capital usage and cash flow and will act as business partner for the Medical Device Leadership Team in managing quality financial decision-making support through competent, commercial finance partners.
You maintain strong internal (Tax and Statutory Department, the Regional Finance Organization, the Finance Centers of Excellence and Shared Services Center) and external business partnership (distributors, large hospitals , channel partners, accounting firms, banks & legal Counsels) across the region ensuring financial integrity and ensure sustainable business growth in full compliance of Johnson & Johnson corporate finance policies, procedures and guidance.
You lead a Business finance Team of 6 people and one risk officer and are directly/indirectly accountable for 16 people overseeing multiple services through local and remote shared service teams (I2C and A2R). Key Commercial staff and Finance teams are based in Istanbul & Dubai.
You are responsible for 2 management reporting companies spread over 2 legal entities (one in Dubai and one in Turkey) ensuring financial integrity through planning, reporting and compliance (including tax, SOX and audit).
- Lead the financial planning of the business plan/updates/latest thinking, encompassing the preparation, consolidation & review of the detailed financial analysis.
- Lead the periodic financial performance reviews, analysis & budget variance analysis providing a summary overview of performance to the EM FD & Board. Drive Systems GP and SRNI improvement.
- Monitor & review active participation of the Finance Partners in BU Management Meetings, Brand Plans, Board Reviews & Strategic Plans.
- Manage the preparation & review the relevance/accuracy of companywide management information e.g. Board Reports, Sales Latest Thinking, Product Contribution Statements, etc.
- Review the consolidated Latest Thinking P&L along with the detailed GP & OPEX analysis from each business partner in order to understand the latest forecast performance & any variances from plan.
- Actively contribute to commercial decision-making including engaging with distributors on price, contract compliance, payment terms etc
- Engage with Privileged & Elite accounts to maximize share. Drive Value Sell message with stakeholders.
- Closely monitor Accounts Receivable status ensuring financial security thru bank guarantees and LC’s for high risk countries and distributors. Maintain relationship with key accounts, distributors and hospitals.
- Partner for resource allocation in line with franchise strategies, strong business partnership for the Leadership Team
- Constructive challenging and looking for value creating growth opportunities like go direct to hospitals, use of service providers, overcoming reimbursement restrictions etc.
- Create and own relevant finance policies and procedures to ensure full support of commercial and business needs within a frame of full compliance to corporate financial guidelines.
- Understand, monitor and challenge sales forecast, through short term plan updates and longer-term BP medium term planning cycles, to deliver optimal sustainable growth for the organisation
- Set objectives, actions & follow-up to promote a cost control through encouraging the Business Units to adopt improved procurement processes & performing detailed cost monitoring & control.
- Improve cashflow and working capital management through close working with Corporate Finance and external relationships with key partners such as distributors to reduce DSO.
- Have oversight of distributor sales to hospitals and stock holding to avoid mismatch between J & J sales to distributors and in market demand.
- Manage P & L and Balance sheet implication of frequent currency changes. Advise on impact on distributor commitments and contractual obligations.
- Reviewing the forecast accuracy of each Business Unit with relevant Finance Partner in order to understand the variances to forecast and most recent plans and improve forecast accuracy
- Partner with Board and Regional Finance to ensure ability to meet regional and corporate requirements and manage expectations.
- Compliance with the J&J WW financial, HCBI and Business Conduct procedures and drive accountability throughout the organization
- Ensure that Balance sheet remains strong and compliant.
- SOX audit and tax compliance
- Statutory Board responsibilities.
Transformation projects and Governance.
- Key service provider and distributor contract review
- Deliver on milestones for divested businesses
- Set up liaison offices and legal entities as per strategic plan in African countries
- Attract, develops and retains quality people.
- Management of Performance and Development of Finance team to help the creation of a diverse and high performing team.
- Is an inspirational leader, that applies networking and collaboration competencies across the teams, and ensures Credo Values are demonstrated in the day to day interactions of his or her team
- Is responsible for sharing best practices in terms of processes, deliverables, approaches (where possible)
- Minimum 10 years of applicable finance and/or business experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in leading and managing people.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in collaborating among senior management, business and functional leaders.
- Industry experience is a plus
- Emerging Markets experience is a plus
- Turkish language is a plus
- CPA or equivalent
- US GAAP knowledge
- Works seamlessly in matrix environment within Finance and across functions like Supply Chain
- Comfort with ambiguity ( internal and external)
- High intellectual curiosity
- Managing complexity
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to frame issues clearly, communicative , collaborative style
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Exemplary leadership skills, people manager, passionate about recruiting and developing the best talents for the organization
- Proven analytical skills
- Focus on big picture and strategic goals, but also attention for details
- Committed to quality and service
- Customer orientation / market place knowledge
- Distributor management
- Result and performance driven
- Decision making and influencing capabilities
- LIVE OUR CREDO: Demonstrate and inspire the behaviors that reinforce Our Credo.
- CONNECT: Develop deep insights into the needs of our patients, customers, markets and communities.
- SHAPE: Drive innovation; anticipate and shape industry and market changes to advance health care globally.
- LEAD: Create an environment where leadership and talent development is top priority.
- DELIVER: Deliver results by inspiring and mobilizing people and teams.
J&J MEDICAL TURKEY (7348)