Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist - Chemistry
Requisition ID: 1905737469W
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. We marvel at the magic of our eyes, yet we are acutely aware there are many who do not fully experience the wonder of this gift. Nearly 285m people around the world face impaired vision, and 80pc of those cases are preventable with early diagnosis and treatment. We are committed to changing these statistics.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care was established in Limerick in 1995. Our site uses the most advanced technology in the industry and we now employ over 1000 people to produce ACUVUE, the world’s best-selling contact lens.
Using our highly automated production process, we produce daily disposable contact lenses while utilizing state of the art technologies such as injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and sterilisation systems.
Each year, we have increased output because of the increase demand for our Acuvue lenses throughout the world. Continued expansion of our product lines and extensive engineering and retrofit projects ensure that this growth is sustained well into the future.
Support Team Leader in the Management of lab activity to ensure work is being completed to support production output
Main areas of responsibility
• Support Quality Supervisor Labs in the initiation, design and prioritization of analytical projects
• Support Quality Supervisor Labs in the preparation, review and approval of analytical protocols and reports
• Support Quality Supervisor Labs in the selection and approval of chemical raw materials
• Support Quality Supervisor Labs in the co-ordination, review and approval of laboratory investigations
• Support Quality Supervisor Labs in the preparation and maintenance of chemistry methods, specifications and SOP’s in compliance with pharmacopoeial and regulatory requirements
• Selection of contract laboratories, co-ordination of testing requirements and review of reports received
• Ensuring GMP/GLP compliance in all aspects of the laboratory functions
• Support Quality Supervisor Labs in the implementing a creative approach to improving accuracy, reliability and productivity within laboratory area group
• Working effectively to troubleshoot and solve problems
• Implementing appropriate safety procedures in the laboratory
• Performing environmental and safety assessments for new chemicals
• Ensuring compliance with chemical regulatory requirements, e.g. REACH Directive
• Ensuring effective interaction and involvement with other departments and management
• All employees are responsible for minimising both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform
Education and Experience Required for Role
Third Level Degree
Minimum of 5 years experience in the medical device/pharmaceutical industry
Proven record in method development transfer and validation
A strong theoretical and practical knowledge of HPLC’s
Very good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, along with an ability to deliver on targets and deadlines
Experience in people management
Excellent analytical skills
Proficient in the use of MS Office and Chromatography systems software
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)