Johnson & Johnson Careers
ZONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER
Requisition ID: 1905736771W
In India, Johnson & Johnson operates as a single legal entity and consists of the 3 strategic business units: Consumer Products, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices & Diagnostics, which are independently managed and report into their respective Global business segments.
J&J Medical India (JJMI) is the market leader in the Medical Company Devices & Diagnostics Industry in India. It is in the business of caring and providing solutions to doctors, patients and nurses. It comprises of multiple Franchises (Strategic business units) providing healthcare solutions across Vision Care, Orthopaedics, Infection Prevention, Wound Management, Women’s health, minimally invasive surgery, Circulatory disease management, and Blood glucose monitoring and insulin delivery.
Position Title: Zonal Sales Manager
Role Type: Individual Contributor
Pay Grade: 25
Department Name / Franchise: DePuy Synthes (Joints)
Position Location: Ahmedabad
Reports to (Title): Regional Sales Manager/Associate Director Sales
Leads a group of Individual Contributors to achieve/exceed sales targets for the Franchise within a designated territory, and in a manner, consistent with the CREDO, company policy and goals. Has expert knowledge of the products responsible, and a good understanding of the other J&J products and service offerings. Has in-depth knowledge customer's needs and sharpened competitive knowledge and market trends. Works with all levels of customer management and develops long-term positive customer relationships, building loyalty and confidence in J&J Medical as a preferred supplier. can plan, assign work, motivate and coach the team while assuming responsibility for results of the team.
- Sell franchise products within a territory
- Make significant contribution to the development of the region's business plan
- Provide weekly and monthly sales action plan to manager, reflecting the activities required in each account to achieve sales objectives
- Analyze equipment lead pipeline to proactively identify opportunities and at risk, re-prioritize resources to maximize sales opportunities
- Anticipate unfavorable variance in sales and provide inputs and follow-up actions to prevent/close the gap
- Successfully negotiate and close complex deals.
- Lead in organizing trade displays and Conferences when required.
- Conduct SWOT analysis for the territory responsible
- Develop/implement sales strategies and plans to achieve sales target
- Set realistic, attainable sales objectives by account and product group, and by monthly, quarterly, and annual targets
- In-depth understanding of customer needs to identify sales opportunities
- Actively pursue tender/contract opportunities
- Creatively plan for expansion of challenging territories and conversion of difficult accounts
- Participate in developing promotional support materials for use during sales calls
- Has broad understanding of internal organization (J&J) resources, priorities, needs relating to the business operations and achievement of sales plan
- Has detailed knowledge of sales process and expert selling skills to make effective sales call, to teach others, and to improve on current process
Professional Education and Customer relationship
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all levels of customers
- Develop key opinion leaders in the region and make engagement plan with them.
- Maintain optimum call cycles to build customer relationships.
- Proactively identify Professional Education needs to develop the awareness level among customers
Product and Market knowledge
- Expert knowledge of product's features, benefits, correct product application and usage, anatomy, physiology and medical procedure, knowledge, through practical experience, training programs, and learning from key end-users
- Has thorough information on competitor's structure, culture, manpower, distribution, capabilities and weaknesses
- Analyze market trends, identify threats and opportunities and recommend and implement strategies and plans to address them
- Share competitive information and suggestions for countering competitors with colleagues
- Thorough knowledge of customer's support for competitive products and services and develop plans to differentiate J&J/competitive offerings, to effectively influence customer preference to J&J offerings
Expense, Equipment and Samples
- Judiciously manage AR, operating expenses, (transportation, A&P, entertainment, travel) while ensuring sustainable productivity in assigned territory.
- Seek prior approval for budget variations
- Ensure compliance of team to sample issue and co-ordination guidelines
- Agree expense budget/guidelines with immediate Manager
- Plan sample and expense utilization to optimize usage while remaining in budget
- Set goals for all team members
- Conduct quarterly discussions with all team members
- Create development plans for all team members
- Complete year-end evaluation for all team members
- Share field visit reports with individual team members after each visit
- Identify specific actions to improve job performance in specific areas
- Participate in nominated training programs
- Active self-learning strategies to maintain knowledge
- Focused effort to achieve high levels of performance in knowledge tests and competency assessments related to training
- Effectively apply new learning on the job
- Maintain a responsible and ethical approach while actively pursuing business outcomes
- Conduct business within ethics and values expressed in Credo
- Relationship with customers based on high ethical standards
- MBA from Tier 1/2 institutions preferred with science graduation.
- 2-5 years’ experience in healthcare sales.
- Preference for candidate with strong KOL management experience and ability to manage large customer events.
Johnson & Johnson Private Limited (8080)