Johnson & Johnson Careers
Assistant Patent Formalities Officer
Requisition ID: 1905736761W
Within J & J patent department in Beerse we are looking for an assistant formalities officer.
You support the patent attorneys, and together with your colleagues you are responsible for the administrative process of patent procedures at an (inter) national level. Within this administrative process you manage all formalities from the time of filing and facilitate input in our patent management system.
Day to day work includes:
- Supporting the formalities aspect of filing of national, international and priority patent applications
- Correspondence with official bodies, foreign agents and inventors
- Coordinating and registering licenses, transfers, name and address changes, etc. in the respective patent registers.
- General administrative support
- You have at least a bachelor's degree or similar work experience
- You are client-oriented and stress resistant, can work in a structured way and attach great importance to data reliability.
- You can work in a team and are flexible.
- You have knowledge of commonly used computer programs: Excel, Word, Outlook, ... and are open to learning new computer systems.
- You write, read and speak English fluently.
- Preferably you have experience with administrative support in the legal industry (patent office/department, law firm). Being a Certified Formalities Officer would be an advantage. Candidates with knowledge of chemistry or pharmacy but without experience in the legal sector are also encouraged to apply.
What’s in it for you…?
“Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously. As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility. Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth. Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)