Johnson & Johnson Careers
Medical Sales Specialist (Limerick, Galway & Dublin) J&J
Requisition ID: 1905736511W
Role: Sales Specialist, Ethicon
Location: Dublin, Galway & Limerick
ETHICON, a division of JOHNSON & JOHNSON MEDICAL LIMITED, is a global leader in developing and marketing patient focused innovation in wound care, surgical stapling, advanced energy, flowable & advanced hemostats and women's health.
ETHICON celebrates an impressive track record of sales performance, consistently delivering solid growth. As we plan for the future, it is critical that our sales organisation continues to be: effectively structured to deliver sustained growth, able to manage a developing product portfolio, and be aligned to meet the needs of our clinical and commercial customers.
An opportunity exists to become a Sales Specialist in the number one performing cluster in EMEA of ETHICON and in one of ETHICON’s most established regions.
Creating and developing customers is fundamental to our business and therefore, will be a prime responsibility. In addition, you will be expected to manage your territory as if it is your own business, maintaining key customers and core business whilst developing strategies to develop new business through acquisition of competitor business and adoption of our premium medical device technologies. The key objective of the Sales Specialist is to achieve business goals and to meet objectives as agreed with your Line Manager.
The Sales Specialist, Ethicon scope of responsibilities include:
• Execution of ETHICON sales and marketing strategies to increase our presence in the surgical market; conversion of competitor business; management of entire ETHICON business and adoption of all technologies. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
• Sell Access, Repair and Closure products across all surgical disciplines
• Sell innovative parts of the ETHICON range including Surgical Stapling, Wound Closure, Advanced Energy, Biosurgery, Women’s health in line with strategic sales deployment in Ireland
• Take Ownership for account management and have total visibility of account sales across ETHICON.
• Collaborate with other specialist sales resource and commercial resource to deliver coordinated account management approach.
• Leadership of, and assistance with, customer training activities, e.g. Centre’s of Excellence, Preceptorships, In-services, etc.
• Partnering with the Professional Education Managers of Global Surgery to develop and maintain associated KOL relationships as well as championing the effective use of our comprehensive Professional Education Offering.
• Working with the ETHICON marketing team to provide product management assistance and feedback as required.
• Working with Sales Training in the provision of field sales product, procedural coaching and associated selling skills as required.
• Collaboration with others (Business Managers, Commercial team, Marketing) etc.
• Identification and communication of timely and accurate market intelligence on key accounts.
• Keeping up to date on changing healthcare dynamics and trends on a national basis within the surgical market, and provide timely updates to Marketing Management, so that strategies can be developed and modified accordingly.
To be part of this high performing team you will have great attention to detail, have strong verbal and written communication skill with an ability to confidently present complex information alongside
• A proven track record of high achievement and success in selling is essential
• Sales experience and high achievement in medical devices would be advantageous although not essential
• Educated to degree level – having a business or science degree would be advantageous but not essential
The successful candidate will be confident, self-driven, highly competitive yet customer centric, a good negotiator. Successful candidates will also have a strong affinity for working closely with others in a team and will show entrepreneurial behaviour. In addition, the ability to build strategic partnerships with key customers is essential.
We are passionate about our work, and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines, and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers. We share a kind of DNA where we’re each:
• Committed to caring
• Responsible to our communities
• Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how
• Rare in our background and experiences
• The drivers of our own success
• Passionate about doing what’s right
Make a unique mark in your career
If you want to be seen for the talent you bring to your work, be the driver of your own career, and work with others who share your real passion for caring and success, then we invite you to join the Johnson & Johnson Talent Community by visiting www.careers.jnj.com
If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson Medical, a Johnson & Johnson company. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Johnson & Johnson (Ireland) Limited (8180)