Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 1905735705W
– DePuy Synthes
Location – Blackpool
Johnson & Johnson family of Companies is comprised of more than 250 operating companies in 57 countries employing 117,000 people. Our companies develop and market products in three business segments: CONSUMER, MEDICAL DEVICES & PHARMACEUTICALS and we turnover more than $91 Billion.
Depuy Synthes is part of Johnson & Johnson, the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. Depuy Synthes offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
To ensure that our service levels are maintained we now seek a Maintenance Technician to support the production department to ensure that the facility, manufacturing plant and equipment at Blackpool are maintained to a reliable, safe and high standard. You will ensure all documentation and equipment in the Value Streams is kept in working order.
- To follow and promote company, HS&E and Quality standards to enable the site to achieve and maintain the required results for manufacturing, audit and traceability purposes.
- To provide a support function for the manufacturing plant and equipment to ensure it is appropriately and adequately maintained.
- Record equipment work history on the CMMS system and ensuring relevant documentation and procedures are duly maintained and updated.
- To ensure that all systems and equipment comply with the company insurance standards and legislation
- To design and implement innovative controls and procedures to support the company continuous improvement environment.
- To support new equipment purchases, installation and validation activities.
- Ensure maintenance of production equipment is carried out to agreed schedules.
- To support innovations for cost and energy reduction and participate in equipment & Lean improvement activities.
- Monitoring and control of equipment spare parts to support the facilities and production departments.
- Maintain a professional attitude and approach when dealing with internal / external customers or suppliers in line with the J&J global leadership profile and Credo.
Experience, Skills and Abilities
Skills and Abilities (Can Do Criteria):
As a business we have recently introduced automated equipment, so we are ideally looking for someone who has a background in, or experience of, Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming, diagnostics and fault finding
- Demonstrable and relevant Engineering experience
- Ability to communicate verbally with all members of the team
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team and establish knowledge of sites activities
- Ability to perform basic problem solving and adhere to the Johnson & Johnson credo when making decisions
- Knowledge and understanding of Quality systems and EHS requirements with a high attention to detail
- Excellent time management and forward planning with capability to work to deadlines
We respectively request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
Closing date – Friday 26th April 2019
Depuy Int'l Ltd. (8722)