Johnson & Johnson Careers
Pharmaceuticals Therapeutic Area Communication & Public Affairs Senior Manager, Asia Pacific
Requisition ID: 1905735639W
PURPOSE OF POSITION
• Drive business objectives of Enterprise, businesses and brands
• Build external and internal stakeholder trust and advocacy
RESPONSIBILITIES/PRINCIPAL DUTIES (Essential Functions)
Build external stakeholder trust/advocacy through strategic communication plans development and implementation:
• Develop strong partnerships with, and serve as trusted advisor to, the country C&PA teams in Asia Pacific on multiple businesses and brands
• Develop strong partnerships with global and Asia Pacific cross-functional therapeutic area stakeholders
• Lead the development and implementation of strategic communication plans, aligning with and advancing both business and C&PA goals and strategic priorities. This includes the development of message maps and press releases with minimal input from senior members of the team.
• Integrate knowledge from external and internal networks; multi-stakeholder insights; and understanding of business, competitive and industry priorities in the implementation of strategic communication plans that build, enhance, and reinforce the reputation of J&J/Janssen
• Identify and apply key metrics to communication practices, and provide insights that drive confidence, integration and alignment.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key regional media, including social media influencers
• Help build and maintain relationships with, and act as liaison to, key third-party stakeholders including patient organisations
• Partner closely and seamlessly with Enterprise and Innovation CoEs to tell one powerful Enterprise story
• Ensure plans leverage competitive advantage of a single-Enterprise set of strategic priorities, and actively encourage best practice sharing between markets
• Manage agencies, budgets and timelines.
Maintain external stakeholder trust through effective management of issues:
• Proactively monitor and identify potential enterprise- /franchise- /brand-related issues and develop issues-management strategies
• Lead the management of product issues and other situations that may impact stakeholder trust and company reputation
• Partner closely with global Janssen communication, Media Relations, Workforce Communication, Strategy & Insights and other CoEs to ensure Enterprise alignment and help execute issue response strategies
• Develop messages that engage, inform and align stakeholders and serve as spokesperson for media inquiries
Education and/or additional training: Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in journalism, marketing, liberal arts, science or business.
Experience and functional competencies:
• At least 8 years of experience in communication or related field, preferably in a healthcare company, NGO, government agency or public relations agency
• Demonstrated ability to develop compelling stories, with superior written, oral and visual communication skills
• Experience dealing with regional, national and local lay, professional/trade and social media
• Experience partnering with patient organisations at a national and/or regional level
• Ability to write and present clearly and persuasively in English
• Demonstrated analytic ability
• Understanding of digital and social platforms
• Excellent judgment
• Ability to maintain perspective and bring positive attitude and courage to partnership discussions
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across levels, functions, regions and backgrounds
• Ability to apply attention to detail in execution and reliably meeting deadlines
Required Leadership Competencies:
• Live Our Credo – Models and integrates Our Credo principles into his/her work. Seeks opportunities to foster dialogue and to support a Diversity and Inclusion mindset and behaviors.
• Connect – Influences stakeholders by applying insights to understand and deliver critical business needs. Models collaboration and teamwork and leads with a One Team mindset and approach to reach the best outcomes.
• Shape – Proactively uses insights to create tailored and targeted change communication plans that inspire ownership, engagement, and mindset and behavior change.
• Lead - Leads with strategic intent by prioritizing, focusing and efficiently managing solutions that enhance the J&J reputation and brand.
• Deliver - Demonstrates broad knowledge of the business and competitive environment and can translate global business realities into human realities. Executes communication plans and deliverables against key business metrics.
Johnson & Johnson Pte. Ltd. (8435)