Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Specialist, Supplier Contracting Services
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 1905735570W
This role is responsible for leading the contract execution process, from receipt of the contract request through supplier signature. As such, this role is responsible for performing the review of contract requests, gathering any additional required information, choosing and populating appropriate templates, driving supplier negotiations on legal T&Cs, leading redlines / contract draft versions, ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures in processing contract requests and engaging the appropriate support as needed. In case of required partner concern passed to Law Department or other SMEs, this role will put together and discuss recommendations for resolution.
As a Contracts Senior Specialist (CSS), you will develop strong, valuable working relationships with internal and external partners and suppliers and demonstrate sound management of assigned contracts. The types of contracts they will process, with appropriate supervision, include (but not exclusively to) Master Services Agreements, consulting agreements, market research and outcomes research agreements, confidentiality agreements, certain licensing agreements and other general and HCC related agreements. The engagements will have financial impact that range from several thousand to several million dollars.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Leading the full contract execution process - from receipt of the contract request through to supplier signature
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Activities
- Leading, managing, and or participating in various projects to help better the overall Supplier Contracting Services team
The Sr. Specialist will participate in decision-making exercises as well as lead and prioritize a high volume of complex business matters in a highly matrixed and team focused environment. They will also provide SME critical issue support as needed and expertise to business partners and associated teams. As a CSS, you will demonstrate a sound understanding of the contract preparation, review and negotiation process. They will collaborate with Contract Attorneys, Procurement, HCC, Finance, and other support organizations in order to accomplish this task
The Sr. Specialist will assist in establishing, maintaining, and training on processes for contract review and approval and other internal audit and HCC requirements. As a Senior Specialist, you may also assist in developing business strategic initiatives, implementing robust process improvements and identifying solutions that resolve long cycle times as well as deviations to policies and associated activities.
As a Sr. Specialist, you will possess strong team work skills such as relationship management, interpersonal, communication, negotiation, problem solving and organizational skills. You will be able to lead and manage cross functional teams. Additionally, you will provide consultation and negotiation support to the wider business.
The Sr. Specialist should possess a working knowledge of company business and subject matter, as well as an understanding of business requirements and their impact on contract terms & conditions. Good problem-solving ability and administrative skills are a prerequisite for this position.
As a CCS, you will have previous experience within:
- Contract formation, preparation, review and negotiation skills.
- Interpreting basic contract provisions and determine acceptability consistent with company policy.
- Strong Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel skills. PowerPoint skills would also be beneficial.
- Superior communication skills with the ability to quickly and positively influence others.
- A proven ability to deal tactfully and confidently with internal and external customers.
- Mentoring and training others on contracting.
- Able to exercise independent discernment and decision-making with little input from manager is required.
- A bachelor's degree or Paralegal certificate with a minimum of 5 years of experience in Commercial Contracting, sourcing or related business experience is required and/or a minimum of 9 years of equivalent experience. A Juris Doctorate would also be highly desired.
- Experience in negotiating agreements with suppliers.
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical industry and contract management certification is preferred.
- Contract authoring, review and negotiation skills
- Use of all MS Office Tools
- Communication skills with the ability to quickly and positively influence others
- Ability to deal tactfully and confidently with internal and external customers
Johnson & Johnson are an equal opportunity employer.
United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe-
Janssen Cilag Ltd. (7360)