Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Associate Scientist
Requisition ID: 1905735174W
Senior Associate Scientist (F/M) –Analytical Chemistry, Beerse, Belgium
Janssen Research & Development seeks to bring innovative and effective treatments in six therapeutic areas of high unmet medical need. Our medicinal chemistry group in Europe focusses on developing innovative small molecule therapeutics to treat diseases like Alzheimer’s disease, various types of cancers and infectious diseases like Hepatitis B, influenza etc. To strengthen our automated synthesis team in Beerse, we are currently looking for enthusiastic Bachelor- or Master-level chemists with excellent skills in analytical technologies to ensure an efficient workflow from synthesis to purification and analysis.
- Plan and performs assigned scientific experiments in the lab, mainly focused on using high throughput analytical and preparative chromatography hyphenated with mass spectrometry, in collaboration with senior experts. Ensures detailed recording and storage of all relevant experimental data for internal records.
- Able to work in strongly automated environment, optimizing and handling the workflow from synthesis to registration.
- Able to perform "hands on" troubleshooting and problem solving
- Implements, operates and maintains state-of-the art laboratory equipment
- B.Sc. or M. Sc. degree in (analytical) chemistry or chemical engineering
- Knowledge and relevant practical experience in analytical techniques, especially (liquid) chromatography.
- Highly motivated candidate with strong commitment to lab work.
- Expertise or a keen interest in automation and handling large data sets
- Customer-oriented and result driven
- Good oral and written communication skills, fluent in English both verbal and in writing
- An exciting position in an international and dynamic environment with
- continuous learning and growth opportunities
- An attractive remuneration package with additional benefit packages (for example hospital insurance, and other health care incentives)
- An inclusive team environment where diversity and different opinions are respected and valued, and the importance of a good work-life balance is recognized.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)