Johnson & Johnson Careers
Business Unit Controller - Depuy Synthes
Requisition ID: 1905734722W
Provide strategic financial leadership, direction and management to our Orthopedics (DePuy Synthes DPS) franchise in Belgium & Luxemburg by being a core member of the DPS commercial leadership team and ensuring financial integrity and sustainability of the business.
This position will be the primary business partner for the DPS Business Unit Directors and will be responsible for supporting our Orthopedics business of approximately $80MM. He/she will also work close with the franchise sales and marketing managers to generate relevant strategies and play a key role in execution as well as driving sales and sound investment decisions.
The Business Unit Controller will directly report to the Country Finance Lead.
- Ensures compliance with the J&J WW financial, HCBI and Business Conduct procedures
- Ensure correct reflection of financial performance by active engagement in month-end close process
- Business Support:
- Identify and analyze risks and opportunities and communicates them to senior management in a timely manner. Pro-actively provide and execute recommendations that address risks, opportunities, and service level improvement.
- Collaborate with business partners to influence and shape business decisions that support the short-and long-term goals of J&J.
- Lead sales latest estimate process per franchise, month-end sales review, and monthly P&L review
- Lead the local franchise BP + Update processes (Sales, P&L, B/S, NPI) and ensure on-time and accurate submissions
- Technology and Process Improvement:
- Influence business partners to identify more efficient, sustainable processes and systems; institutionalizes the changes that significantly improves business and finance operations; identifies and implements best practices and industry trends at the franchise or business unit level
- Lead and collaborate in various projects that have an implication on the HMD Finance organization and cross functional teams.
Leadership imperatives which are crucial for this position:
- Ensure alignment with ES&P functions that impact finance day-to-day activities
- Engage in transforming the Medical Device organization in Belgium to a true OneMD company
- Drive accuracy, compliance and increase financial understanding of the local sales & marketing franchise
- Make decisions and take actions to ensure that all financial commitments are met on a franchise level
- Business Unit Director Depuy Synthes and HMD Belgium & Luxemburg commercial organization.
- Mid-sized Markets (MSM)
- BS COE (Pinewood)
- GS (Prague)
- Cash Collection (Prague)
- Tax CTC
- EMEA Finance
- University degree in Finance/Economics with at least 5 - 8 years relevant business experience. Finance certificate (CMA, CIMA, ACCA or other) a plus.
- Fluent in English.
- Expert level in Excel & Powerpoint
- Demonstrated results building partnerships with multi-levels across businesses.
- Knowledge of local country, strategic and financial concepts, compliance and tax principles are an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and present effectively, both written and verbally
- Strong analytical and business partner skills, customer oriented and strategic mindset
- Result oriented with strong prioritization skills and accuracy also under pressure
- Able to deal with complexity, with the right level of attention for details and without losing the bigger picture
- Positive and curious mindset
- Self-starting, proactive and with sense of urgency
- Able to create an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect
- Effective presentation skills
Johnson & Johnson Medical NV (7546)