Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 1905734585W
Janssen Research & Development, a division of Janssen Pharmaceutica NV, has opened a Laboratory technician position at our site in Beerse, Belgium. We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Laboratory technician to join our multinational Global Safety Pharmacology research group.
We are seeking an experienced Professional Bachelor level lab technician
with some general background experience in vitro laboratory techniques, and
excellent cell culture technical skills. In the
laboratory-based environment the successful candidate should be well-organized,
team-orientated, and have the ability to eventually work semi-autonomously.
He/she should have good communication skills and will be trained to execute
Key job responsibilities:
• Executes experiments/tasks as assigned under direct supervision. After a training period, independently performing electrophysiological experiments on a high throughput instrument.
• Accurate and reliable record keeping (batch records, electronic/paper notebooks, and all pertinent documentation) including data management and analysis using statistical packages and use of standard databases.
• Compiles data for interpretation by supervisor, including the use of statistical packages and standard data bases.
• Main cell culture tasks, e.g. handling transfected cell lines, including media and buffer preparation, culture initiation, propagation, and cryopreservation.
• Operates laboratory equipment, analytical and other instruments considered standard in our area of exoertise.
• General laboratory tasks, like preparation of formulations, placing orders into purchasing systems and also including maintenance of equipment.
• Follow Standard Operating Procedures and adhere to all safety and company policies.
• The candidate works as a member of a team under specific supervision and generally performs routine functions but is responsible for organizing own time an resources in an optimal fashion.
• Education & experience
• Typically will have a Professional Bachelor degree in biology, biochemistry, laboratory sciences or related disciplines with experience in cell culture techniques and highly competent at a laboratory level, or equivalent training/experience.
• The successful candidate must be familiar with general laboratory techniques and have previous working experience in handling cell cultures.
• Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
• Candidates must have the ability to work semi-independently, as well as within a team particularly in order to facilitate the efficient generation of experimental results.
• Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel. Additional competencies in SharePoint and other information technology systems are desirable.
• Candidates must have a reasonable understanding of English (written and spoken)
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)