Johnson & Johnson Careers
Value Stream Scientist
Requisition ID: 1905734584W
Technician – DePuy Synthes
Location – Blackpool
Johnson & Johnson family of Companies is comprised of more than 250 operating companies in 57 countries employing 117,000 people. Our companies develop and market products in three business segments: CONSUMER, MEDICAL DEVICES & PHARMACEUTICALS and we turnover more than $91 Billion.
Depuy Synthes is part of Johnson & Johnson, the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. Depuy Synthes offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
To deliver Value Stream technical support across factory and laboratories in line with the company metrics and strategy. You will help maximize the performance of the VS by delivering continuous improvements via lean thinking, problem identification and ensure you work to ‘right first time’ ways of working
- Lead delivery of Value Stream (VS) metrics for product and process technical aspects.
- Collaborate in VS Team to maximize performance of Value Stream.
- Collaborate in VS Team to deliver opportunities using continuous improvement methodologies e.g. remediate VS deficiencies
- Develop detailed ‘hands-on’ knowledge of core VS processes including raw materials, processing, testing and product requirements.
- Lead investigations and execute actions as part of the CAPA process.
- Conduct lab-based testing as required.
- Lead investigations into process and laboratory failures and progress issues with test results through the appropriate quality systems. Write protocols and reports for studies.
- Co-ordinate own week to week workload in line with VS priorities and overall business framework and collate resource hours.
- Adhere to the Change Control and Design Control requirements and support commercial enquiries.
- Ensures that all activities are carried out in compliance with all regulations and laws governing business and quality operations
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all local, national, international and company regulations, policies and procedures for Health, Safety and Environmental compliance.
Experience, Skills and Abilities
Skills and Abilities (Can Do Criteria):
- Demonstrable experience of working in a manufacturing/laboratory environment
- Some previous experience in medical device or related regulated industry desirable but not essential
- Candidates who are lean six Sigma (green or black) qualified would be desirable, however the ability to demonstrate an understanding is essential
- Previous experience of problem solving within a manufacturing/laboratory environment
- Good communication skills with the ability to deal with constantly changing requirements and priorities
- Investigational mindset who challenges the status quo
- Ability to work as a team while managing your own time and workload
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
We respectively request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
Closing date – Friday 19th April 2019
Depuy Int'l Ltd. (8722)