Johnson & Johnson Careers
Process Engineering Team Lead
Requisition ID: 1905734456W
Position Title: Process Engineering Team Leader
Report to: Process Engineering Manager
Location: Vision Care, Limerick
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Ireland is located in Limerick and produces the Acuvue range of contact lenses which is the leading contact lens product in the world. Our Limerick site uses the most advanced technology in the industry and we now employ over 1000 people directly. Using our highly automated production process, we produce daily disposable contact lenses while utilizing state of the art technologies such as injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and sterilisation systems.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Ireland was established in 1995 in the National Technology Park close to the University of Limerick. The facility was originally fitted with six advanced production lines to manufacture one daily disposable contact lens for the European and Japanese markets. Since then we have expanded a number of times and now have over 31 production lines manufacturing one-day, fortnightly, monthly and colour contact lenses which are shipped worldwide.
Each year, we have increased output because of the increase demand for our Acuvue lenses throughout the world Continued expansion of our product lines and extensive engineering and retrofit projects ensure that this growth is sustained well into the future.
Leads and directs a team of process engineers to achieve engineering goals in line with business strategies and objectives. This function also partners with manufacturing and quality in the identification, definition and execution of projects driving continuous improvement of business value stream productivity and product performance capability.
· Works with the Value Stream Management team, to provide resource plans leading to attainment of project or team goals within established timelines and budgets
· Provides complete leadership and direction for process engineering team, within a Value Stream, to deliver annual business plan
· Manages all elements of employee performance including employee development, mentoring, performance improvement processes etc.. This includes all elements associated with developing the team to increased performance, capability and scope.
· Day to day management of process engineering team including regular one to one meetings, timely reviews, core management etc. Manages engineering team taking responsibility for on-time on-budget delivery of engineering projects.
· When required, leads engineers through detailed problem-solving methodologies or project planning sessions, to solve complex process performance issues.
· Leads innovative change across assigned assets, both equipment upgrades and equipment optimizations.
· Provides strong technical and team support for project planning, development, implementation, and modification in a deadline environment.
· Performs assignments that have complex objectives and require the investigation of multiple variables.
· Performs work which involves complex conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment with highly complex features for which there may be no precedents.
· Ensures team adherence to site and legislative safety standards and other relevant regulations. Ensure direct reports take responsibility for minimizing both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform.
· Contributes extensively to engineering standards development balancing corporate and customer needs
· Contributes on a management level and proactively looks for areas to improve both within Engineering and across the business.
· Support and assists Engineering Manager with project management
Education and Experience:
· Engineering Qualification to degree level (or higher)
· 5-10 years’ experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment
· Ability to demonstrate standards of leadership
· Motivate and co-ordinate personnel
· Managing complexity
· Customer Focused and Culturally Aware
· Flexible & Team Player
· Good Influencing Skills and demonstrated ability to defuse difficult situations
· Project Management Skills
· Excellent Communication Skills
· Proven ability to apply structured problem solving methodologies to address complex problems.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)