Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientific Director Pathology
Requisition ID: 1905734066W
The Janssen Campus in Beerse (Belgium) has a unique ecosystem covering the complete drug development life cycle, with all capabilities from basic science to market access on one Campus.
The integrated environment of our campus gives our people the chance to experience many different aspects of drug development throughout their career. It has a successful track record of over sixty years of drug discovery and development and is one of the most important innovation engines of the Janssen group worldwide.
Developing innovative therapeutics to treat diseases like Alzheimer’s disease, various types of cancers and infectious diseases like Hepatitis B, influenza, is our passion.
In this endeavor, we are seeking to recruit a Pathologist (level principal scientist or scientific director) with the department of Non-clinical Development.
The position will be located in our Beerse campus, which is the flagship R&D center for small molecules within Janssen, investing over 1 billion euros each year in R&D.
Key job responsibilities
- Study pathologist on toxicology, discovery and pharmacology studies to include review of experimental/research protocols, provision of gross and microscopic evaluation of tissues and reporting of integrated results on a variety of nonclinical studies aimed at improving pre-clinical to clinical translation of both safety and efficacy.
- Provide expert ToxPath support in pre-clinical development and take the lead in working out the underlying pathogenesis of findings.
- Histopathologic evaluation and peer review (in-house and/or CROs) of toxicology studies (also GLP).
- Review Pathology reports and regulatory documents and provide scientific input in determining hazard identification, risk assessment and risk management within nonclinical safety, providing guidance on issue resolution and mitigation strategies.
- Member of interdisciplinary preclinical development teams to drive compound development and issue resolution.
- Identify and lead collaborative scientific efforts with internal, external, consortia and academic investigators.
- Interest and knowledge in Molecular pathology to enable selection and interpretation of appropriate safety/ efficacy endpoints and the design of mechanistic studies.
Education & experience
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) is required, a PhD is a plus
- Board certified by the American/European College of Veterinary Pathologists (ACVP/ECVP) and/or FRCPath is a strong asset
- Multiple years of ToxPath experience is required
- You have a strong scientific interest and curiosity.
- You are team-player with good communication skills.
- You have a recognized knowledge and expertise in the field of pathology.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)