Johnson & Johnson Careers
Janssen - Cilag S.p.a - Operations Director - Latina Plant
Requisition ID: 1905733902W
Johnson & Johnson is an American multinational company founded in 1886, a world leader in the development of products and devices for surgical therapies and pharmaceutical companies, as well as in the marketing of consumer products for personal hygiene, and is organized into three business segments: Pharmaceutical, Medical, Consumer.
Every day more than 120,000 employees work in 250 companies of the Group, located in 60 countries.
In Italy there are all the three sectors, each of which represents one of the segments mentioned above:
Janssen SpA (Pharmaceutical Sector):
Marketing Company: Cologno Monzese (Milan)
Plant: Borgo San Michele (Latina)
Johnson & Johnson SpA (Consumer Sector):
Commercial site and Plant: Santa Palomba (Rome)
Johnson & Johnson Medical SPA (Medical Sector):
Marketing Company: Pratica di Mare (Rome).
Janssen-Cilag SpA is looking for an Operations Director to be hired in the Latina Plant.
The Latina Operations Director is responsible for leading all plant operations including incoming materials, all phases of manufacturing, packaging, and shipping to deliver products safely to our patients at the right quality, at the right time and at the right value. Setting the direction to ensure a high performing organization through cross-functional collaboration to deliver year on year plant productivity improvements and continuously improving customer service. They are responsible for maintaining a high level of quality in all areas, setting and delivering the department budget, and ensuring EHSS Compliance. Delivering through the creation of a transparent and trusting environment, increasing employee engagement year on year and a commitment to employee development and the value of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Develops and tracks reports on department metrics, including but not limited to safety, quality and reliability.
- Delivers department budget, ensuring expenses and Cost Improvement Projects meet or exceed targets, maintaining financial integrity consistent with the Company’s values.
- Establishes a Lean culture throughout the site, utilizing Lean approaches, tools and resources to eliminate waste, simplify processes, deliver year on year productivity improvement and reduce costs.
- Prioritizes and focuses the Operations department in alignment with the Site & Platform direction on projects and initiatives that will ensure sustained business success.
- As a site leadership team member, contributes to establish and communicate a clear vision, and to apply the strategy ensuring alignment with overall JSC and MTO priorities.
- Ensures that Operations plans, and activities are performed under cGMP’s and meet the regulatory, quality, labor and EHS guidelines required by the various global agencies and authorities governing the Latina facility.
- Ensures awareness of departmental personnel in the areas of safety and quality and ensures all employees are trained to perform job functions consistent with cGMP’s.
- The Operations Director must be a change leader in his/her business, actively coaching and developing his/her people to strengthen both individual capabilities and the team’s ability to provide value to customers.
- He/she develops, motivates and inspires high performance and commitment from the people he/she leads.
- Uses performance management, people development, talent planning and other processes to lead, motivate and develop individuals as well as cross-functional teams to capitalize on their potential for achieving results.
- Ensures top talent are recruited, developed and retained for the organization effectively leveraging talent and resources between teams and across business units and the enterprise.
- Role models an entrepreneurial and innovative culture, driving process improvement.
- The Operations Director must develop and maintain internal and external relationships to be leveraged to drive business growth.
- He/she must effectively communicate within key customers, partners and stakeholders to ensure clarity and alignment.
This is not an exhaustive, comprehensive listing of job responsibilities. May perform other duties as required.
- Internal: Other manufacturing sites within the MTO network, Global Planning, product development, regulatory, environmental health and safety, engineering, IT, human resources, & finance.
- External: Key customers, partners and stakeholders.
This individual works under minimal direct supervision, with direction from the JSC Latina Site General Manager. The Operations Director directly manages 6-8 manager-level employees with a team of approximately 350.
=============== QUALIFICATIONS ===============
- University/Bachelors Degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Language: Mother tongue/Advanced Italian is required. Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
- Minimum 10 – 12 years industry experience, ideally in a pharmaceutical, consumer, or fill/finish manufacturing plant that utilizes automation and lean practices.
- Background should demonstrate strong record of advancement in significant operations leadership roles for commercially successful plant.
- Candidates with quality experience in addition to operations experience is preferred
- Background should include a positive record of plant inspections and employee engagement results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to lead a team and operate as a part of team, customer focus, and demonstrated ability in driving innovation is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, problem-solving ability, results and performance driven, adaptable, flexible, diplomatic, and track record of attracting and developing key talent.
- Demonstrates ability to drive a Credo-based culture of innovation, engagement and development while modeling J&J leadership behaviors and values.
- Process Excellence: Lean or Six Sigma certification preferred
- Supply Chain: APICS certification preferred
Limited travel may be required for site visits or other meetings
Janssen-Cilag S.p.A. (7175)