Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Technical Service Engineer
Requisition ID: 1905732956W
In India, Johnson & Johnson operates as a single legal entity and consists of the 3 strategic business units: Consumer Products, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices, which are independently managed and report into their respective Global business segments.
Sector Overview: J&J Medical India (JJMI) is the market leader in the Medical Company Devices Industry in India. It is in the business of caring and providing solutions to doctors, patients and nurses. It comprises of multiple Franchises (Strategic business units) providing healthcare solutions across Vision Care, Orthopedics, Infection Prevention, Wound Management, Women’s health, minimally invasive surgery, Circulatory disease management, and Blood glucose monitoring and insulin delivery.
Position Title: Sr. Technical Support Engineer
Role Type: People Manager
Pay Grade: 25
Department Name / Franchise: ASP
Sector: Medical Devices
Position Location: Chennai
Reports to (Title / Designation): Director- Function
Role Overview: The Technical Service Engineer has responsibility to deliver quality service that drives high customer satisfaction and loyalty. Working closely with the other team members, the person will be able to deliver outstanding value to our clinical and non-clinical customers and in turn transform patient care through innovation. Main areas of responsibility include Installation, preventative/corrective maintenance, validation of capital equipment, tracking/offering service maintenance contracts and providing inputs to the regional service department. This position will be involved in providing Technical Service for Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP) that deals with capital equipment. The position is field based, and you will need to live within the territory boundary.
- Provide professional technical service to customers and make sure customer satisfaction is always maintained at the highest level (>95%). Respond to customer field service requests for service, determine cause(s), troubleshoot and takes corrective action.
- Perform Installation, Preventive Maintenance (PM), Corrective maintenance (CM) and technical upgrading of medical equipment. Provide guidance to customers including doctors, nurses and hospital biomedical engineers on proper usage of the system and ensure customer satisfaction.
- To perform all aspects of technical/engineering work required to support all products and technical services to customers.
- Work with leadership to create Service Level Agreements, and track/offer service maintenance contracts.
- Create and report service metrics that gives visibility to quality, timeliness and efficiency of the Service Organization. Maintain performance and service records for equipment. Complete all activities within the Service Management System through daily updates and documentation.
- Ability to interpret maintenance manuals, schematics, and wiring diagrams, and repairs equipment, utilizing knowledge of electronics and use standard test instruments and tools.
- Manage Spare Parts inventory planning, processing of RMA returns, manage personal “trunk” inventory and complete required audits to support thereof.
- Should adhere to Company’s Tech Service Guidelines to close the service complaint/enter service reports in the service database management software on a timely basis.
- Fully comply with J&J Service policies and Quality Policies.
- Ability to travel extensively within the region and across India, work extended hours (need based) to support customer needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma or equivalent certification in technical field (i.e. Electrical, Electronics, Biomedical, IT or similar discipline)
- 7 to 10 years hands-on experience, as a Service Engineer, preferably with medical equipment.
- Experience working with sterilization equipment will be an added advantage.
- Team management and training skills are essential.
- Experience working in diverse, multi-cultural, multi-national work environment.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of Service Management Systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Operational knowledge to handle Standard electronic test equipment like Oscilloscope, Digital Volt Meter (DVM), Calibration tools etc.
Johnson & Johnson Private Limited (8080)