Johnson & Johnson Careers
Process Technician x 30
Requisition ID: 1905732083W
Vision Care, a Johnson & Johnson company based in Limerick are currently recruiting Process Technicians to support our 24/7 fully automated manufacturing facility.
Vision Care Ireland is located in Limerick and produces the world’s leading contact lens product: the Acuvue range of lenses. Our site uses the industry’s most advanced technology and directly employs over 1000 people. We produce a diverse array of contact lenses using our highly automated production process. Key to our success has been the combination of state-of-the-art material science with technologies such as precision injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and data analytics.
Vision Care Ireland was established in 1995 in the National Technology Park, close to the University of Limerick. We have over 37 advanced production lines, manufacturing over 8 million contact lenses a day, which are shipped to customers worldwide.
· Using state of the art IT and software resources, to analyse data and feedback from the line
· Identifying cycle time and yield detractors
· Using your own initiative to make the necessary adjustments and modifications to the line improving output
· Working with your team and the engineering teams, to root cause and problem solve issues
· Supporting planned and unplanned downtime on the line, to ensure a speedy return to production
· Replacing and setting up spare parts including, robots, servo drives, vision systems, and pneumatics
Our Process Technicians are critical to running our high volume, automated manufacturing process. Technicians who have the interest, energy and motivation to work in our fast moving, medical devices manufacturing environment will find themselves a rewarding permanent role with Vision Care. You will take ownership of:
· Production output of a Class III Medical Device
· Equipment Maintenance (controls, sensors, pneumatics & electrics)
· Line efficiency (high volume production and fully automated manufacturing)
· Project work (relating to process improvement including cycle-time and yield development)
· Contribution to targets related to Safety, Quality, Compliance and Continuous Improvement
This is an opportunity to work at the cutting edge of medical device engineering, in an FDA regulated environment, and to be a member of a Johnson & Johnson company with an excellent record in employee continuous professional development and business continuous improvement.
We are passionate about our work; we play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers. We share a kind of DNA where we’re each:
· Responsible to our customers and communities.
· Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how.
· Unique in our background and experiences.
· The drivers of our own success.
· Passionate about doing what’s right.
· Seeking to learn and teach.
· The ideal candidate will have, at a minimum, a QQI Level 6 or Level 7 qualification in a Technicial, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Moulding or related discipline. (e.g. Electricians, Mechanics, Fitters, Plumbers, Engineers etc.)
· We seek technicians who have the interest, energy and motivation to work in our fast moving, medical devices manufacturing environment.
· Applicants should have experience of working within a team, have excellent communication skills and be able to work under their own initiative.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)