Johnson & Johnson Careers
Research and Development Graduate Programme H/F
Requisition ID: 1905730712W
The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies is recognised as a world leader in providing health and beauty products and solutions across Baby Care, Beauty, Healthcare and Over the Counter (OTC) medicines. We are one of the world’s fastest growing consumer companies, with a truly unrivalled brand portfolio with power brands across multiple categories including Johnson’s, Neutrogena, Le Petit Marseillais, Biafine, Piz Buin, Clean & Clear, Listerine, Calpol, Imodium, Compeed and Sudafed. We have achieved consistent growth and our breakthrough plans for the future make this a great place to gain commercial hands-on experience like no other.
Each day, millions of people of all ages in homes around the world use products from one or more of our consumer health care companies. These products keep babies clean and comfortable, hold allergy symptoms in check, help heal wounds, reduce fevers, relieve muscle pain, prevent sunburn, and help ensure a healthier diet. The breadth and depth of our product portfolio is truly impressive and constantly expanding as we strive to bring science to the art of healthy living.
Each one of our consumer businesses embraces cutting-edge science to create products that are doctor-recommended, helping you and your family to be well and stay well. As a result, our consumer companies produce many of the world’s most trusted brands.
Johnson & Johnson Santé Beauté France, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a
Location: Val de Reuil, FRANCE
What type of mark will you make?
Your unique talents can make a vital contribution to innovative products that improve the lives of people everywhere. Career opportunities within Johnson & Johnson companies may provide you with an ideal setting to build your experience; express your passion and touch the world.
Johnson & Johnson offers graduate program within our Consumer business based in our EAME R&D center in Val de Reuil, Normandy (between Paris & Rouen), FRANCE.
During this program you will have the opportunity to develop yourself and your skill set through a rotational program (duration of the program 3 years & 1 rotation every year) that you will include spending time learning about different aspects of Consumer R&D. The functional rotation may include:
- Product Design
- Deployment (Technology Transfer)
- Regulatory Affairs
- Engineered Solutions
A brief summary of what these functions do is provided below:
Product Design - As product development scientist, you will be in charge of:
- Driving in partnership with business partners an integrated pipeline for business regionally and globally relevant, based on technical knowledge and deep consumer insights to deliver against strategic plan growth goals
- Working in close collaboration with R&D, technology team and suppliers to identify potential innovation
- Leading / Enabling EAME innovations strategy and pipeline development of approved projects
- Performing with independent judgment and execution which will directly impact the operational results (delivery of programs project schedule cost and allocations resources)
- Build project charters in collaboration with business partner and R&D partners including the identification of technical solutions, risks and success criteria.
- Driving technical development and realization, in full respect of cGxP rules, of product prototypes including their stabilities
- Contributing and ensuring APR redaction to release products on the market
- Ensuring that each project is in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and Company policies and standards
- Closing collaboration with key project partners (Franchise, Supply Chain, Strategic Sourcing, Project Management, Quality Assurance, Regulatory Affairs…)
Deployment (Technology Transfer) - in charge of the industrialization of our cosmetics products on the EMEA market (Europe, Middle East, Africa), you will have to set up manufacturing processes that can be applied on an industrial scale.
- Develop robust manufacturing processes for Skincare products (brands: Petit Marseillais, Johnson's Baby, Neutrogena, Biafine, RoC ..., all types of technology: emulsion, shower gel, ...), in accordance with our formulas and strategy of manufacturing sites.
- Lead projects of different complexities in terms of formula / manufacturing process by ensuring the interface between formulation, R & D support functions and plants.
- Coordinate R & D activities once the formula is frozen and until the Product information file.
Regulatory Affairs - Ensuring that any product and activity provided by J&J consumer group is within the framework of regulations, by anticipating, understanding and management of complex situations with solutions and strategies respecting the internal values of the company credo.
Partners and supports R&D and Marketing throughout product development up to commercialization and beyond by:
- ensuring the regulatory validity of concepts; establishing the regulatory needs in terms of claim support in partnership with other stakeholders;
- assessing the claims requested by the Marketing;
- supporting different departments from a regulatory perspective;
- ensuring the successful delivery of non-EU registration support to affiliates and distributors so that they can obtain Product Registrations for launch.
Engineered Solutions - As the healthcare and skincare markets evolve, devices and new technologies offer a wide variety of solutions to boost product efficacy, improve compliance and enhance consumers’ experience in a digital world.
By applying a technical entrepreneur mindset, Engineered Solutions scientists are transforming sciences and technologies into profitable commercialized products. On a daily basis, you will:
- Identify new technologies viability
- Design, develop and enable implementation in line with Regulatory & Quality Requirements
- Evaluate existing patent landscape
To apply, the candidate should have at least some background in one of the following core Science and Technology and willingness to learn in others:
- Computational Fluid Dynamics or other Computer based modelling techniques
- Artificial Intelligence, most specifically Machine Learning and / or Computer Vision
- System Engineering
To be considered for this programme you must have:
Graduated within the last 2 years with a bachelor's/master's degree in one of the following scientific disciplines:
- Chemical Engineering
- System engineering
- Cosmetic formulation
- Product Engineering
- Excellent team working skills
- Fluent in English
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Intellectual curiosity
- Pro-active ‘can do’ approach to achieving success
- A desire to work with exciting innovation in Consumer Healthcare products that touch lives of millions of Consumers everyday
- Willingness to relocate to Val de Reuil, FRANCE
The assessment centre for this role will take place in May 2019
Please note this role will close for applications on the 25th April 2019
Johnson & Johnson Santé Beauté France SAS (7101)
R&D Engineering (R&D)