Johnson & Johnson Careers
Computational Modeler M/F
Requisition ID: 1905730712W
Caring for the world, one person at a time... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Johnson & Johnson is the largest and most broadly-based healthcare company in the world. We’re producing life-changing breakthroughs every day and have been for the last 130 years.
The combination of new technologies and your expertise enables amazing things to happen. Teams from J&J’s consumer business are creating digital tools to help people track the health of their skin. Those working in medical devices are 3-D printing artificial joints personalized for each patient, while researchers in pharmaceuticals use AI to discover lifesaving drugs. Imagine what the rest of our team of 134,000 people at 260 companies in more than 60 countries across the world is accomplishing. We redefine what it means to be a big company in today’s world.
For our European R&D Center of our Consumer business based in France (Val-de-Reuil), we are recruiting a Junior
on a permanent contract, to participate in our digital transformation. In this pivotal role, you will be able to influence the future of our R&D.
- The candidate will use computational fluid dynamics and/or finite element software to efficiently participate in the design, optimization and / or troubleshooting of product, processes and test methods.
- The candidate will apply fluid mechanics techniques to various fields such as manufacturing processes, packaging and / or devices design & development.
- Responsibilities involve analyzing complex physical systems, defining a simulation plan to study critical items of interest, executing the simulations.
- The candidate will work in close partnership with internal scientists & engineers (scale-up, packaging development, device development) and external partners to evaluate the technical feasibility of the simulation and run iterative analyses if need be to achieve sustainable solutions.
- Technical Background & Work Experience
- Graduated within the last 2 years with a bachelor's/master's degree in engineering, physics or equivalent field.
- Candidate must have a strong background in Computational Fluid Dynamics or Finite Element Analysis, from pre-processing, analysis, to post-processing.
- Solid understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, materials science etc
- Experience with Star-CCM+, Fluent, COMSOL, Solidworks 3D software packages is desirable
- Additional work experience, especially in the application of computational model in a healthcare research & development environment would be of value
- Experience in managing external collaboration will also be considered
- Fluent in English
- About you
- In addition to delivering effective solutions, you must possess the hunger to learn from others and aptitude to share your knowledge. You must consider pivoting in different departments to learn from R&D end to end.
- You must be passionate about solving R&D problems using computational models and possess collaborative mindset for effective collaboration.
- You possess good organizational, communication, writing and interpersonal skills
Johnson & Johnson Santé Beauté France SAS (7101)
R&D Engineering (R&D)