Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Global Publications Manager
Requisition ID: 1905727324W
"Caring for the world… one person at a time” … inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. This culture of caring is the focus of our corporate philosophy, that are anchored in the internationally applicable Credo
Actelion is a leader in the field of pulmonary hypertension (PH). Our portfolio of PH treatments covers the spectrum of disease, from WHO Functional Class (FC) II through to FC IV, with oral, inhaled and intravenous medications.
As part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Actelion Pharmaceuticals, a Janssen Pharmaceutical Company of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a:
Main Purpose of the Position
To lead the development of Global Medical Publication Plans and bring high quality Medical Publications into the public domain in a timely and ethical manner and drive the development and delivery and Training Material related to scientific publications.
- Lead the development, delivery and dissemination of Global Medical Publication Plans.
- Liaise with internal functions such as Research and Development, Biostatistics, Market Access, Strategic Marketing
- Review and interpret scientific data from clinical trials and real-world evidence datasets
- Align the Global Medical Publication Plan with the global and regional needs
- Accountable for execution Scientific Publications (scientific congress abstracts and presentations, scientific manuscripts and review articles) outlined in the Global Medical Publication Plans.
- Consult and liaise with internal and external authors on publication activities
- Manage compliance aspects of developing Scientific Publications in accordance with our SOP via our Publications Management Database
- Review and interpret scientific data and analyses requests from key internal stakeholders
- Responsible for the development and delivery of training material relating to publication plans and publications to internal stakeholders
- Assist with evaluation, selection, and management of supporting medical communication agencies
- Represent Actelion at key national/international congresses, advisory boards meetings, own company meetings as needed
- Higher scientific or biomedical degree (PhD, PharmD or MD)
- Minimum of 5 years pharmaceutical or related experience, ideally in Medical/Scientific Communication, Medical Affairs, or similar and with a knowledge of cardiovascular disorders or related therapeutic areas
- Proven min. 3 years' experience in scientific publication planning and management scientific publications in a pharmaceutical company and/or medical communication agency
- Thorough understanding of drug development and marketing of products/brands across the life cycle
- Strong competency in review and interpretation of clinical data and communicate complex material to a broad range of audiences
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to understand, influence and work independently and effectively in cross-functional teams in matrix organizations
- Strong ability in building and maintaining professional relationships with a great variety of internal and external partners, such as clinical investigators, thought leaders, consultants, publishers, agencies
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English
If you are interested in making an impact by working in a culture of innovation, trust and teamwork, we welcome your online application by clicking here.
Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd (Swiss Confederation) (8542)