Johnson & Johnson Careers
Team Leader - Commercialised Product Development (R&D)
Requisition ID: 1905727233W
Synthes Leeds, Joint Reconstruction
Role: Team Leader - Commercialised Product Development
Function: Research and Development
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Team Leader in the Commercialised Product Development Team at its Leeds R&D facility.
DePuy Synthes is a leader in the medical device industry. Orthopaedic surgeons use our implants and instruments to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries.
As the world's largest orthopaedic business, we offer unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs across the globe in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
In this role you will lead a team dedicated to providing technical support for our portfolio of Hip and Knee orthopaedic products that are already released and, in the market, which will include;
- Leading and developing a team of highly motivated Engineers in a R&D environment.
- Ensuring the on-going safety and efficacy of our products in the hands of our customers and for the patients treated by our products.
- Maintaining regulatory and quality compliance for all our products in all markets globally in a heavily regulated industry with ever changing regulatory requirements.
- Supporting the Supply Chain Organisation ensuring issues are resolved in a timely manner so that products are available for our customers when required.
- Maximising the value of our existing products, finding opportunities to continually improve the quality, function and cost of our devices post launch
DePuy Synthes is committed to the development
and advancement of individuals, genuine opportunities to progress your career
exist in this role. This is an ideal opportunity if you are looking for a
leadership role in the Medical Device Industry that has a direct impact on the
welfare of the patients that use our products. The role has people development,
strategic thinking and technical problem-solving elements.
Additional duties and Responsibilities:
- You will role model leadership behaviours that are consistent with the Johnson & Johnson Credo Values and are passionate about developing future talent.
- Team management activities such as budget planning, resource management, project tracking, recruitment and people development are your responsibility.
- Through collaboration with other functions you will deliver critical projects on time.
- You will consider both global and local market customer and business needs in your decision-making.
- There are daily exchanges with other business functions, external suppliers, health authorities and medical professionals globally.
- Your analytical and creative problem-solving skills will be regularly tested as you help resolve a variety of challenges.
- You will have effective negotiating and influencing skills and are adept at managing stakeholders at all levels within a large global organization.
- An ability to manage multiple assignments in a dynamic environment with ever changing priorities is critical to the role.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or related discipline is essential.
- Previous leadership or supervisory experience would be looked on favourably
- Previous experience in a Product Development role is preferred
- Medical Device Product Development experience is an asset, however we would be open to any background that is heavily regulated
- This position may require up to 10% travel both domestic and international.
If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
We respectfully request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purposes of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
Depuy Int'l Ltd. (8722)
R&D Engineering (R&D)