Johnson & Johnson Careers
HCC Officer MD BENELUX
Requisition ID: 1905726216W
The Health Care Compliance Officer (HCCO ) MD Benelux, drives the Healthcare Compliance programs for the J&J Medical Belgium and the J&J Medical Netherlands organisations to ensure business practices and activities are in compliance with related J&J internal guidelines, laws, regulations and industry codes (MedTech Code) and anti-corruption laws including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
The HCCO serves as a strategic business partner for management and acts as a coach for all covered employees assuring a company culture of compliance is a natural element in day to day business. The officer supports planning, trainings, assessments, testing & monitoring and other HCC activities for Medical Devices in the Benelux. Externally he/she liaises with the national compliance associations and MedTech as required.
This position reports to the HCCO MD Midsize Markets with a dotted line to the Benelux Managing Directors
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Partner with company executive leadership to ensure that the HCC program effectively prevents and/or detects violations of law, regulations, policies, or the Code of Conduct by:
- Establishing & chairing the Benelux Compliance Committee, the committee responsible for designing and implementing an effective compliance program and key decision making for the cluster
- Communicating on status of the HCC program regularly to the line manager and the relevant board(s)
- Translating global HCC strategies into country level strategy based on appropriate needs, goals and objectives, taking into account local external regulatory trends and environment. Develop and coordinate implementation of country strategy, aligning with the businesses and J&J HCC.
- Working with the J&J Office of Compliance, Government Affairs, Regulatory, Legal, and external organisations (primarily trade associations) to shape & influence the environment and industry codes of conduct
- Assuring adequate representation in relevant business governance structures e.g. management board and establish discussion platforms to get general business buy-in and impact analysis
- Stimulating and contributing to innovative approaches towards HCPs and GOs consistent with the HCC/HCBI guidelines and framework and performing business plan reviews
- Ensure disclosure requirements of MedTech Europe and local legislation are met.
- Provide and coordinate appropriate guidance, procedures, education, training, and regular communications on HCC to all covered employees, including Affiliate/General Manager, Management Board, etc.
- Conducting self-assessment and risk assessment processes to detect process gaps & inconsistencies
- Coordinate the establishment of the Management Action Plan, and guide the business partners to close gaps and implement corrective actions
- Developing a testing & monitoring plan to demonstrate that the HCC program is effective and participate in execution where appropriate. Engage Affiliate/ Board participation in roll out
- Coordinating preparations for Corporate Internal Audits
- Consults on health care compliance matters, policies and procedures to business stakeholders. Perform HCC reviews & approvals for HCP/HCO/GO related activities as required.
- Participating in and leading investigations of non-compliance and implementing the escalation process for allegations, as appropriate
- Collaborate cross sector to ensure alignment through participation in cross sector council
- Partnering with the Global/Regional Operations team
- Interface with legal counsel and privacy regarding HCC and Privacy requirements and interpretation
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: Bachelors, advanced degree or equivalent preferred and a minimum of 5 years business experience. Background may include Compliance, Finance, Sales and Marketing, Medical Affairs, Legal, or Regulatory. Prior experience in project management is required.
- University/Bachelor Degree or equivalent.
- Background may include Health Care Compliance, Business Compliance, Legal, Regulatory or Finance.
- Knowledge of regulations and industry standards of the Medical Devices market (i.e. MedTech Code). Knowledge of laws, regulations and industry standards for the country is also required.
- Experience in Health Care Compliance would be valued.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Requires strong communication, organization and analytical skills
- Ability to cultivate meaningful relationships and lead internal collaboration across the company, influencing business decisions and business partners across all functions and levels of the business
- Ability to take complex business situations and develop solutions to ensure compliant growth is achieved
- Proven track record in delivering results.
- Ability to work independently and in a detailed manner
- Committed team player
- Local language a must with additional good command of English.
- Understands and masters the J&J Credo based culture.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret legal documents would be an advantage
COMMENTS: This position description is an outline of the major recurring responsibilities of the job. It is not intended to be all-inclusive of the work to be performed. Other related job objectives, special assignments and less significant responsibilities will typically be performed by the incumbent(s).
Johnson & Johnson Medical NV (7546)
Health Care Compliance