Johnson & Johnson Careers
Strategy & Deployment Engineering Manager
Requisition ID: 1905725884W
"Caring for the world… one person at a time” inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. This culture of caring is the focus of our corporate philosophy, that are anchored in the internationally applicable Credo
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of technology, devices, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Our broad array of inspired, innovative and high-quality offerings, help advance the health and wellbeing of people around the world.
For our Engineering, Science and Technology (EST) Team which is responsible for the Strategy and Deployment (S&D) in DACH we are looking for a highly committed:
Strategy & Deployment Engineering Manager
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage the engineering team in your area of responsibility.
- Provide direction and leadership in line with operational strategies and objectives for the EST DACH organization. Develop technology strategy and roadmaps to maintain competitive manufacturing advantage
- Development and deployment of Business Systems
- Business performance tracking, reporting and optimization.
- Ensure effective Change Management so that all changes are conducted to the highest of standards in a safe, compliant and effective manner
- Influence the organization at a senior level to support the business transformation and implementation of the strategy.
- Manage operational efficiency and build future cost improvement program pipeline.
- Oversee and develop future strategic pipeline of technologies including capital investments to meet our transformation goals.
- Lead initiatives and coordinate cross-functional team at regional level to drive business and organizational results.
- Drive the utilization of business process methodologies through the execution of key initiatives.
- Sets business metrics for the team and provides performance feedback to employees
- Develop compelling career progression paths & development plans for the organization and team members.
- Build and develop a high performing diverse engineering team through the development of talent, and the development of core technical skills and knowledge to support future growth.
- Allocates proper level of resources to facilitate attainment of project goals within established timelines and budgets.
- Keeps senior management informed on project and program status by creating, maintaining and presenting written reports on project and program status, costs, risks and issues, and performance against established targets on a regular basis.
- Plans, schedules, manages and monitors smooth execution of Strategy & Deployment projects, ensuring adherence with all local government and company regulations, policies and procedures for environment, health and safety compliance. Ensures the documentation of project and program activities and deliverables.
- Higher education in Industrial- or Mechanical- or Process Engineering plus formal business education (e.g. MBA).
- Project Management qualification/certification – e.g. FPX, Diploma, Masters, PMP, Prince, etc..
- Lean/Six Sigma certificate and experience (process optimization/change management)
- Minimum 8-10 years of related experience in a technical environment.
- Change Management certification and experience
- Background in Medical Device, high tech or regulated industry.
- Significant experience in a global matrixed management role
- Strong leadership.
- Strong influencing skills and excellent interpersonal skills (written and oral).
- Decision-making – Required to make decisions on technical and management issues.
- Degree of responsibility – Must be capable of leading and developing the team.
- Excellent planning & organizing skills.
- Strategic agility and good knowledge of business planning.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the medical device quality system regulation required (ISO & QSR).
- Availability to travel up to 20% regionally or internationally.
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of German is desirable.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Synthes GmbH (7111)