Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Regional Head Discovery Process Research EMEA
Requisition ID: 1905725370W
“Caring for the world … one person at a time” inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. This culture of caring is the focus of our corporate philosophy, that is anchored in the internationally applicable Credo. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 260 operating companies in more than 60 countries employing approximately 134,000 people.
We continue to Build Our Future by Growing our Strengths in different areas:
- Improving our Scientific Excellence
- Creating an environment in which Talent Development, Diversity and Inclusion provides a competitive advantage and is a source of inspiration for our employee
- Investing in innovation, technology, equipment and infrastructure
Within Discovery, Product Development and Supply (DPDS)/ Small Molecule Pharmaceutical Development (SMPD) focuses on end-to-end development of small molecule drug product development and support during life cycle management. Our organization consists of a global network of passionate employees across different sites in EU, US and Asia and, in addition, of a network of CROs across the globe, providing us flexibility in capacity and capabilities. Within SMPD, Small Molecule API is globally responsible for the development of API's with development centres in Europe, US and Asia.
We are currently seeking a highly experienced Process Development or Medicinal Chemist to join the Discovery Process Research (DPR) organization within Small Molecule API Development as a Director and Regional Head - EMEA (M/V)
DPR groups work in a highly collaborative environment and are focused on delivering creative synthetic chemistry solutions that inspire design in novel chemical space, enable meaningful acceleration of Discovery programs and support rapid transition to development
- You will be responsible for leading the DPR group co-located with the Discovery Sciences organization in Beerse, Belgium.
- As the regional leader of the Discovery facing team you will have full accountability for all DPR deliverables in the EMEA region.
- You will provide strategic and scientific guidance to the organization and dedicatedly connect and interact with key partners.
- You will coach your team to work in close partnership with the Medicinal Chemistry organization to identify and prioritize opportunities to improve existing chemistry, design and demonstrate new synthetic routes or develop novel methodologies that enable new options for SAR studies in search for the invention of the best medicines.
- You will represent the Small Molecule API function, participating in relevant governance meetings and decision-making, to ensure the optimal transition of compounds from Discovery to lead compound selection and into development.
- You establish optimal design of leads, rapid identification of compounds for progression into development, defining the development strategy taking into consideration API deliverables in later stages, identifying enabling chemistry and process development needs up to First in Human (FIH) clinical studies.
- As a leader in the Janssen organization, you will be a champion for change and lead your team to bring about the latest technologies and state of the art synthetic chemistry in pursuit of scientific excellence that shapes the future of the Janssen pipeline.
- You will play a central role in assembling a team of extraordinary synthetic chemists committed to the DPR mission and coach them on their path to achieve their fullest potential by focusing on understanding and developing their strengths.
- You have A PhD in Organic Chemistry with 10+ years of experience working in API Process Development or Medicinal Chemistry
- You have a consistent track record of leading teams solving complex synthetic problems through scientific excellence and the ability to oversee and develop scientific personnel are required.
- You will operate from The Beerse location, which offers you unique opportunities to DPR because of its proximity with Janssen’s Process Development hub. By seamlessly collaborating across different functions, your group will fully demonstrate these advantages to provide truly innovative solutions to challenging chemistry problems.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)