Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Legal Counsel
Requisition ID: 1905725105W
The Johnson & Johnson Law Department is recruiting for a Senior Counsel in the Medical Devices Legal Team in Shanghai, China. The senior counsel is the lead lawyer of a small team for one of the most significant franchises of Johnson & Johnson Medical China, reporting to the legal head of Medical Devices China.
- Provide general legal support and strategic legal counsel as a strong business partner.
- Work closely with business management to address issues and risks.
- Legal review of transactions and business projects.
- Draft, review and negotiate various commercial contracts and legal documents
- Assess, manage and prevent legal risks associated with business initiatives, new business models and the changing regulatory environment.
- Work closely with the Compliance Dept in advising on and supporting compliance with applicable policies, codes and laws.
- Provide counsel on, and manage, government inquiries.
- Support on acquisitions, divestitures, licensing, reorganizations and business model changes.
- Train and educate others on the policies, codes and laws applicable to the Medical Device companies and businesses.
- Support of litigation and dispute management.
- Collaborate with other Law Department members in China and worldwide to ensure consistent and coordinated legal support.
Bachelor or Master of Law degree and China National Bar certificate.
Supplementary degree or LLM abroad considered an asset.
A minimum of 12 years Post-Qualified Experience.
In-house counsel experience at a global health care company preferred.
Business oriented with an ability to proactively engage with business colleagues to find practical solutions and partner with them to implement desired actions and lead compliant success of operations.
Sound legal and business judgment with an ability to think in a structured way.
Excellent communication skills and proven ability to counsel senior management on complex legal matters.
Ability to work independently and effectively across a matrix organization
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, with a track record of collaboration with colleagues.
Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and ability to simplify complicated issues for clients
Objective thinker who is able to advance ideas and influence others.
Ability to manage conflicts in an open and constructive manner.
Global mindset and a strong sense of integrity, with the ability to establish trust-based relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Fluency in Mandarin and English.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Shanghai Ltd. (7055)