Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manufacturing Engineering Team Lead (Extended Wear / 3GT)
Requisition ID: 1905724955W
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Ireland is located in Limerick and produces the Acuvue range of contact lenses which is the leading contact lens product in the world. Our Limerick site uses the most advanced technology in the industry and we now employ over 1000 people directly. Using our highly automated production process, we produce daily disposable contact lenses while utilizing state of the art technologies such as injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and sterilisation systems.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Ireland was established in 1995 in the National Technology Park close to the University of Limerick. The facility was originally fitted with six advanced production lines to manufacture one daily disposable contact lens for the European and Japanese markets. Since then we have expanded a number of times and now have over 31 production lines manufacturing one-day, fortnightly, monthly and colour contact lenses which are shipped worldwide.
Each year, we have increased output because of the increase demand for our Acuvue lenses throughout the world Continued expansion of our product lines and extensive engineering and retrofit projects ensure that this growth is sustained well into the future.
Reporting to the Business Unit Manager, you will manage a phase to ensure all KPIs are met and ensure consistent hand over to next team.
* Manages a team of technicians from entry and training to developing technical skill of individuals to compliment resources of the unit/phase
* Manages technical issues & ensures plans in place/operation to address these.
* Day to day people management and OTJ Feedback given to techs on line---resulting in no surprises in review
* Follows through on all basics such as Focus lines / handovers / housekeeping / performance of shift
* Develops technicians, i.e. plans ahead in terms of how each tech moves through grid
* Identify and lead cost and technical improvements under the departments’ continuous improvement program.
* Provide key inputs and leadership into transformational process developments.
* Project Management - provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
* New Product Introductions & Product Transfers
* Lead or actively participate in cross-functional teams to ensure New Product Introduction/Research and Development projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
* Actively interfacing with cross-functional team members, always practicing good team work in support of day to day operating requirements.
* Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the team.
* Develop and maintain a Credo & Behavioural Standards based culture within the group.
* Ensure effective closure on Quality System documents (Audit Actions, NCR’s, CAPA’s, Maps, etc).
* Ensure all process developments, NPI etc are managed in accordance with the Quality management system.
* Implementation of safety/environmental requirements on purchase of all new equipment.
* Work with team leader to develop and implement strategic engineering Goals & Objectives.
* Support the implementation of all engineering and plant strategic initiatives
* All employees are responsible for minimizing both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform.
* Be a leader on Site Safety by actively participating in the ERT team and related training.
3. Education and Experience Required for Role
- Technical qualification, time served or Diploma /Degree in a technical discipline
- 6-10 year’s experience in a similar role.
- Ability to demonstrate standards of leadership,managing complexitity, Credo values, innovation, customer focus, flexible, team player and good influencing skiils
- Ability to demonstrate standards of leadership – Managing Complexity
- Must be open to work a 4 cycle Shift Pattern.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)