Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 1905724826W
“Caring for the world … one person at a time” inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. This culture of caring is the focus of our corporate philosophy, that is anchored in the internationally applicable Credo. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 260 operating companies in more than 60 countries employing approximately 134,000 people.
We continue to Build Our Future by Growing our Strengths in different areas:
Improving our Scientific Excellence
Creating an environment in which Talent Development, Diversity and Inclusion provides a competitive advantage and is a source of inspiration for our employee
Investing in innovation, technology, equipment and infrastructure
Within Small Molecule Pharmaceutical Development, Drug Product Development (DPD) is globally responsible for the development of pharmaceutical dosage forms with development centres in Europe, US and Asia. The Material Sciences department of DPD is responsible for selection, qualification and life cycle management of excipients.
The mission of the Material Sciences team is to support the selection of the right excipients, for manufacturing, functionality, stability, compliance and safety. We establish structure-functionality relationships for materials as well as identify physical or chemical properties or interactions which influence process performance, product efficacy and safety. All types of liquid, solid and semisolid dosage forms are covered.
In this team we currently have an open vacancy as Material Scientist
- Design of experiments for testing excipient functionality, processability, compatibility and stability
- Guide pharmaceutical development teams on the selection of appropriate grades of excipients based on chemical and physical compatibility, processability and functional performance
- Qualification of the selected excipients based on the defined critical material properties, material robustness evaluation and regulatory compliance
- Development of the control strategy (specifications, methods) in collaboration with excipient suppliers based on material criticality, robustness and risk assessment
- Support investigations and life cycle activities related to excipients
- Embed structure-activity relationships, characterization methods, process improvements and innovations in work instructions
- Translate knowledge across multiple, unrelated development programs to advance projects
- Project management: development plans, project budget, protocols and reports
- Global expert networking
- Screening and introduction of innovation opportunities
- You are an experienced Master or you have a PhD degree in any of the following or closely-related fields: Physical Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Physical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Sciences or Biosciences
- You have at least two years of practical experience in the development and characterization of formulations.
- You are experienced in multivariate and/or mechanistic modelling
- You are well organized, result-driven and like working in project teams
- You have good knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written; Dutch is an asset
- You have good technical writing skills
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)