Johnson & Johnson Careers
Trauma Sales Specialist - Kent & South East London
Requisition ID: 1905724763W
Johnson & Johnson family of Companies is comprised of more than 250 operating companies in 57 countries employing 117,000 people. Our companies develop and market products in three business segments: CONSUMER, MEDICAL DEVICES & PHARMACEUTICALS and we turnover in excess of $91 Billion.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of orthopaedics, neurological disease, infection prevention, cardiovascular disease, and aesthetics. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is the best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands.
We are recruiting a Sales Specialist for our DePuy Synthes business covering the Kent & Southeast London
- Achieve agreed objectives and sales targets as outlined in the annual performance cycle.
- Within allocated geographical region, interact and promote products to key customers and partners in secondary care. Takes the lead in running the Specialty customer.
- Manage territory through the development of comprehensive business plans. Focus on the highest value opportunities to grow and develop new business including taking competitor share and the adoption of new technologies whilst maintaining key customers and core business.
- Run and develop accounts and be responsible for the relationship between the Company and the customer, ensuring efficient alignment of all efforts to maximise impact of all activities driving growth.
- Work with Regional Sales Manager and other colleagues to define commercial requirements to grow and protect our business.
- Ensure key insights from the external marketplace are appropriately shared internally to shape future business plans.
- Ensure competence in procedural focus area and product portfolio.
- Act as an ambassador for Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices aligned to our Credo.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Analyse and interpret account strategies and plans utilizing key systems and data, both internally and externally, where appropriate to gain a deep understanding of the business environment and insights in to account needs
- Develop, deploy and maintain tactical account business plans that align to business and customer objectives to deliver agreed objectives
- Prepare appropriate plans to meet with customers (with contingencies) in order to deliver on account plans and achievements
- Prepare presentations for meetings as appropriate
- Build strong networks of relationships that enable the identification of mutually beneficial opportunities to sell key technologies in the surgical procedural environment
- Present brand value propositions and valuable customer solutions to positively influence buying behaviours
- Work reciprocally with colleagues across Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices to deliver business plan
- Collaborate with other Sales Specialists and commercial teams to deliver coordinated approach where applicable
- Respond to requests for support from other customer facing colleagues and actively share information and insights where customer may be shared across via the customer relationship management system
- Contribute and collaborate with colleagues in regional team to work reciprocally towards regional business planning goals
Professional Education and Marketing
- Leadership of customer training activities
- Partner with Professional Education to develop and maintain associated KOL relationships as well as championing the effective use of the Company’s comprehensive Professional Education offering
- Understand technical information pertinent to the procedure and product platform
- Maintain up-to-date market and industry knowledge
Skills and competencies required:
- Strong Selling & Negotiating skills
- Ability to effectively plan
- Excellent communication skills –written, spoken and presentation ability
- Excellent commercial acumen
- Influencing and business partnering skills – understands partners requirements, ability to analyse requirements and develop strategies that drives the adoption of technologies and become a trusted business advisor providing solutions
- Ability to build trust with customers by asking probing questions that helps the customer achieve their objectives, acting in a consultative manner
- Effectively utilise the Company’s selling tools (Integrity Selling)
- Continual learning utilising the internal training modules
- Maintain deep clinical expertise in procedure and product knowledge
- Networking – dedicated in business situations; expands network continually; comfortable in meeting new people and stimulating conversation
- Collaborating and teaming – standout colleague, actively engages and collaborates across functional boundaries.
- Drive and tenacity and a strong winning spirit
- Information Technology skills
Education & Experience:
- Understanding of the external secondary care environment
- Proven successful track record in selling, ideally within the Medical Devices sector
- Degree desirable
- ABPI (where appropriate)
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)