Johnson & Johnson Careers
Program Management Leader (PML)
Requisition ID: 1905724287W
The Program Management Leader is accountable to both PMO leadership, Compound Development Team Leader, and Clinical Team Leader for initiating, planning, executing, controlling, reporting, and terminating the integrated, end-to-end (E2E) compound development plan as approved by the appropriate governing body.
As a core member of the Compound Development Team (CDT) and/or Clinical Team (CT), the PML provides program management and cross-functional operational leadership for the development of therapeutic or preventive products or non-interventional healthcare platforms in a global, matrix organization, from Discovery to life cycle management. Individuals in this role will also provide leadership and direction to other staff within the end-to-end TA PMO unit as appropriate.
PMLs are guided in all matters by our J&J Credo values and our Leadership Performance Standards.
One of the projects that the PML for this position will be working on as a core member of the clinical team and the Project Management Team (PMT) is a preventive vaccine for HIV. Another project is to be defined.
The function resides within the Infectious Diseases & Vaccines therapeutic area. At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we have ambitious goals. We strive to discover and develop novel therapeutics and vaccines to treat and cure infectious diseases worldwide, improving treatment outcomes and patients’ lives.
For more than 25 years, Janssen has been working to push back HIV. Our scientists have played a leading role in the development of key HIV therapies that are widely prescribed today. But we will not stop here. Let’s imagine a world where people don’t become infected with HIV in the first place.
Many experts believe that finding a preventive vaccine will be essential if we are to truly end the HIV pandemic. Janssen is committed to meeting this challenge, and again, collaboration is key. With our global partners, we’re leading an effort to develop a preventive vaccine for HIV. Our investigative ‘mosaic’-based vaccine is designed as a ‘global vaccine’ that would prevent a wide range of viral strains around the world that are responsible for the HIV pandemic. The first efficacy study for this vaccine is now getting underway in sub-Saharan African countries.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in life sciences is required.
- A Post graduate degree (PHD) in life sciences is preferred.
- Professional project management certification and/or diploma is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of industry/business experience, including a minimum of 5 years in pharmaceutical R&D, is preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in project management, team leadership, and/or functional line management in one or more of the major R&D functions is required; cross-functional experience is preferred.
- The ability to work with cross-functional teams in a matrix environment is required.
- Demonstrate ability to resolve conflict and influence teams without formal authority. Keep group focused on strategy and goals despite complexity, controversy, or conflict. Build bridges between organizations; turn adversity into opportunities for change and growth.
- Successful experience managing, or leading global and/or virtual teams is highly desirable, especially if done within a matrix organization.
- Record of successful governance body and/or stakeholder management highly preferred.
- Location: Position may be located at any J&J Pharma R&D Campus, preferably in Belgium (Beerse), the Netherlands (Leiden), the US (Janssen office at the East coast)
- Travel: Will depend on the location
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)