Johnson & Johnson Careers
Junior Accountant - AP Accountant
Requisition ID: 1905723127W
Accountant AP (1 year contract)
GMED Healthcare BVBA is the European Trading and Distribution Company for all goods of the Medical Devices (MD) sector of J&J, managing a network of Distribution Centers and the related in and outgoing material flows. As part of the HMD Global Supply Chain, it is a central entity that owns all goods and manages financial flows related to European distribution for HMD EMEA (and affiliate deliveries from Europe to rest of world).
GMED has an immediate opening for a highly motivated and organized (Junior) AP Accountant with general ledger knowledge for a 1-year assignment. This position is part of the GMED finance team, based in Johnson and Johnson Diegem office.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for 3rd Party accounts payable process including vendor invoice entries, gather the appropriate approvals and supporting documents, maintain vendor setup.
- Communicate with vendors to resolve issues and inquiries, perform root cause analysis.
- Responsible for management & periodic reporting including 3rd Party accounts payable aging analysis, GRNI reconciliations.
- Support and maintain the Purchase Order (PO) Database, approve and send POs to the suppliers, manage PO discrepancies.
- Update, maintain and develop where necessary, accounts payable policies and procedures to support the operations of the network.
- Support the Finance team on various month-end, quarter-end and year-end close activities from General Ledger accounting, reconciliations, accruals and other ad hoc activities.
- Support and assist in the weekly processing of payments. Participate in weekly cash forecasts and payment plans.
- Document analyses, controls and reports in accordance with J&J policies and procedures (SOX).
- Assist in accounting projects or perform other duties as time permits or as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Finance or Accounting.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles is a must.
- Highly motivated, proactive and results-driven team player, thrives in matrix organization.
- Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support customer satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
- Well organized, very accurate and compliance driven. Able to deal with tight reporting timelines.
- Team player with good communication skills and customer oriented, aiming an effective collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Good computer literacy: knowledge of JD Edwards or other ERP systems, strong in MS Excel.
- Fluency in English and Dutch/French is required.
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Diegem
What’s in it for you…?
“Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously. As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility. Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth. Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.