Johnson & Johnson Careers
Supervisor DS operations
Requisition ID: 1905722652W
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention, one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. Our teams focus on the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of vaccines and antibodies to protect people worldwide from infectious diseases.
In our organization entrepreneurial people work in a dynamic culture in which innovation and a 'can do' state of mind are the central points. In order to strengthen our team we are continuously looking for enthusiastic, talented people who have the ambition to develop themselves and can be of value to Janssen.
Within the Valerio GMP Pilot plant of Janssen Vaccines and Prevention situated in Leiden there is a Supervisor vacancy for one of the production teams. The I team, who execute upstream processing activities, the P team who execute manufacturing support tasks such as equipment preparation and medium and buffer services or the D-team who execute downstream processing activities.
As supervisor in the Valerio GMP Pilot plant of Janssen Vaccines and Prevention you will be responsible for managing your team and their activities in support of Clinical trial material manufacturing of Janssen Vaccines products based upon our PerC6 manufacturing technology. The Pilot plant currently works up to the 50L scale and works closely with the Process Development groups and our Quality and Engineering departments to ensure seamless process transfer in a GMP environment.
- Functional and people management of your team (development and coaching of your team, performance appraisals, training etc.) in support of all aspects of the production of Clinical Trial Materials in accordance with cGMP and EHS guidelines
- Planning and assigning work in relation to the manufacturing schedule, implementing policies and procedures and recommending improvements in production methods, equipment and operating procedures.
- Supervision and support of manufacturing operations (troubleshooting, GEMBA, self-inspection) as well as batch documentation review/approval, deviation assessment and closure in collaboration with relevant subject matter experts
- Maintaining highest levels of cGMP compliance in all operations and engaging with relevant stakeholders (eg QA, Engineering) to ensure continued compliance with appropriate global internal standards
- Alignment with key internal stakeholders (Development, Engineering) during both technology transfer (Development to Operations) and running business on translating process needs into the operational environment to support overall business objectives.
- Cultivate a culture of continuous improvement, driving lean thinking and efficiency improvements in daily operations by actively engaging with stakeholders to identify opportunities and best practices
You are a natural people leader, flexible, result orientated and pragmatic. You are able to work at the interface of development and manufacturing and you know how to bring out the best in your team to deliver on time every time. You understand the importance of quality compliance in the work and drive this culture across all levels.
You have proven experience in Biologics manufacturing processes and are able to operate successfully in a dynamic environment.
- University/HBO education or equivalent through experience in Engineering, Bioprocessing and or other relevant study.
- Minimally 5 years of relevant experience in a people leader position
- Experience in GMP manufacturing of Biologics and process development
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention BV (8852)