Johnson & Johnson Careers
[Procurement]Manager, Procurement department_Janssen
Requisition ID: 1905722242W
This role will be responsible for establishing robust sourcing process and structure to our acquired business (Actelion Pharmaceuticals, and potentially future acquisitions). This role is responsible in identifying opportunities and required process for Actelion, drive the implementation by collaborating with sourcing buyers, account payable and other internal functions such as Compliance. Training requirements are high for Actelion, and he/she will work with their senior leadership to develop training plan and execute. Largest Actelion business is in Japan, but he/she shall work with regional integration team and share the best practice for other markets (China, Australia).
He/she will provide the leadership for maintaining key relationships within the business and managing relationships with senior management (CFO, Marketing & Sales, Compliance). The position must shape, connect and lead resources to deliver on key projects.
This role does not do regular sourcing activities during implementation phase, but he/she will need to have enough experience in achieving Procurement strategic framework, including Compliance, Supplier Innovation, Financial Value, Operational Excellence.
Manager’s scope of responsibilities includes:
l Lead and implement preferred suppliers with strategic commercial conditions, that meets business needs and consolidate the spending to the preferred suppliers to deliver better value, in collaboration with sourcing team
l Manage relationship with the senior management at Actelion: Provide periodic updates on the implementation progress, opportunity identification and its execution progress
l Monitor and call-out gaps of Commercial Procurement KPI
l Implement Procurement compliance initiatives, including trainings to employees
l Improve user experience of Procurement systems through focus group interviews, feedback and collaboration with system team
Business Engagement: Proactively and independently engages managerial and director level stakeholders and below and engages (with guidance) Vice President and above; Serves as a point of escalation for supplier related issues; Trains employees to ensure Procurement compliance
Procurement internal stakeholder engagement: Works with internal procurement team to make them aware of business needs with priorities. Shares best practice in Japan to over-sea market. Collaborates with regional implementation team that sit across Singapore/China/Philippines.
Other activities (Reportings, KPI): Analyzes spend, supply base, to provide possible gap against each category strategy; Utilize system generated data to turn them into actionable sourcing activities.
Future initiative: Be the first point of contact to understant future implementation initiatives (systems, process, acquisition, divesture)
Required Minimum Education: Bachelors or Equivalent
Required Years of Related Experience: 3+ Years
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Uncompromised requirements for the role):
• Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices
• Strong Procurement experience required with indirect sourcing experience (even for short time)
• Strong leadership, communication, influencing and collaboration are required
• Able to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary
• Ability to show judgment in developing new approaches and resolving issues
• Ability to show strategic thinking
• Project management skills
• Strong business acumen
• Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information
• Ability to continuously improve process and organization
• Ability to adopt and respond to changes in the external environment, while ensuring the organization is able to effectively and efficiently move through transitions
• Japanese (Fluent) and English (Fluent). (Chinese is also an asset)
Travel on the Job:Yes but minimal(up to 10%)
People Management Experience: No
Preferred Minimum Education: MBA
Preferred Area of Study: Business, Life science or related field
Preferred Related Industry Experience (if applicable): Health Care industry (Pharma/Medical), Indirect Sourcing
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strategic sourcing skills in Indirect Procurement area, with ability to align, document and execute sourcing strategy with stakeholders
• Experience in working in Health Care industry (Pharmaceutical and/or Medical devices)
• Strong influencing skills with ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints and understand differing needs of stakeholders (e.g., businesses, Procurement LT, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain); has "presence"
• Experience in successfully leading cross-functional teams
Key Working Relationships
· Relationship with both operational and senior management level.
· Johnson & Johnson (Actelion) functions which include (but not limited to):
- Marketing & Sales
- Implementation office
- Global/Regional Procurement teams
- Other Procurement organizations (R&D, Supply Chain)
Janssen Pharmaceutical K.K. (7195)