Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Legal Counsel Market Access & Pricing
Requisition ID: 1905722147W
Tasks & Responsibilities
The Senior Legal Counsel – Market Access & Pricing will provide legal counsel on a part-time basis (50%) to the Janssen Market Access & Pricing groups in EMEA, as well as at the Global level acting as contact attorney for these groups. The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson are a leader in the development and commercialization of prescription drugs in disease areas such as Haematology, Oncology, Immunology, Virology, Neuroscience and Pulmonary Hypertension. The Janssen Market Access & Pricing organisation is responsible for securing sustainable access and funding, at an optimal price, to enable patients to benefit from Janssen medicines. It focuses on market access strategies in established and emerging markets; it also looks at how to influence the external environment and drive the debate regarding access to Janssen products.
The Senior Legal Counsel will report into the Legal Director Market Access & Pricing (LD) and will provide counsel on a broad variety of legal aspects affecting pricing and reimbursement and access-related challenges in the Pharmaceutical group, with a focus on the EMEA region, and collaborate on related policy initiatives in the external environment. In particular, (s)he will:
- provide legal advice on regional product-specific market access & pricing strategies and their execution in the countries
- provide legal guidance on cross-cutting areas of focus impacting access to Janssen medicines, such as indication-specific pricing, combination regimen pricing, innovative pricing & payment models, etc.
- collaborate with internal Market Access & Pricing CoE and other functional departments on projects aimed to enhance internal capabilities and enable best practices sharing on innovative pricing & payment models
- in conjunction with the LD, partner with Market Access & Pricing and other functional departments to drive robust and sustainable training framework, including legal trainings, to better support the implementation of market access and pricing strategies
- participate actively in external environment & policy-related work
- interact, share knowledge and work effectively in different teams with colleagues from LD
Law degree obtained in Europe with excellent results, supplementary degree or LLM abroad considered an asset
Minimum 7 years of experience in legal work.
A successful candidate will have a relevant experience in the healthcare industry (preferably pharmaceutical products) and will have gained experience of working in a dynamic and challenging international environment, either through an international law firm and/or a legal department of an international corporation. Expertise in pricing & reimbursement related legal arena considered as an advantage.
Intelligent, entrepreneurial spirit, solution and business oriented, team player, result driven, self-starter, assertive, pro-active, strong inter-personal, listening and communication skills allowing to relate easily at all levels within the organization, able to manage strategic and complex matters
Languages Excellent in written and oral English.
Values Profound commitment to highest quality, vision, and dedication to high ethical standards
The position is for a limited duration of two years, potentially extendable.
The position is offered as part-time, 50% FTE
The position is based in Diegem (Belgium). He/she will be part of a team of approximately 120 J&J lawyers in EMEA. The position may require some travel abroad as and when the occasion demands.
Johnson & Johnson NCB (7547)