Johnson & Johnson Careers
Customer Value Pricing Manager EMEA - Location flexible
Requisition ID: 1905721546W
Caring for the world, one person at a time... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. Our Family of Companies comprises: The world’s premier consumer health company. The world’s largest and most diverse medical devices company. The world’s third-largest biologics company. And the world’s sixth-largest pharmaceuticals company. We have more than 250 operating companies in 57 countries employing 120,200 people.
Johnson & Johnson is one of the largest and most broadly-based manufacturers of healthcare products in the world, with 3 sectors: Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices and Consumer.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is currently recruiting a full-time Customer Value Pricing Manager EMEA, located at any of the Johnson & Johnson MD office locations across Europe.
The Customer Value Pricing Manager will be part of the EMEA Strategic Pricing Centre of Excellence (CoE), the primary mission of which is to develop and maintain value-based pricing strategies for the Medical Devices products, services & solutions across all countries of the EMEA Region.
In this context, the Customer Value Pricing Manager will support EMEA Strategic Pricing Leads in the development and execution of Customer Value Pricing Projects. The Customer Value Pricing Manager will work in close collaboration with each EMEA Strategic Pricing Lead and with the EMEA Marketing Managers responsible for various product portfolios.
Following the Johnson & Johnson Credo, applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their sexual orientation, gender, age, religion, culture, origin, family status or disability.
The successful candidate will become a part of the Regional Strategic Pricing Centre of Excellence (CoE) for Hospital Medical Devices EMEA supporting Customer Value Pricing projects across the range of portfolios. She or he will report to a Senior Pricing Leader who will provide professional mentorship in the area of Customer Value Pricing research. Regional Pricing CoE employs 9 managers and analysts and belongs to Strategic Capabilities Group providing support to all franchises of Hospital Medical Devices EMEA.
The Strategic Pricing CoE provides expertise in development of pricing strategies for creative medical devices, interacting closely with Global Pricing and Marketing teams, regional EMEA Marketing, Market Access, Commercial Excellence and other CoEs as well as supporting individual local operating companies in the implementation of pricing and commercial strategies. The candidate will interact with all these internal partners as well as with external clinical and non-clinical customers (surgeons, theatre managers, purchasing managers, pharmacists, payers).
Providing systematic, deep insights on the perceived value of J&J products, services and solutions in comparison with those of other suppliers. Understanding the needs and willingness to pay of different customers for various products, services and solutions with special focus on the innovation.
- Assess, in collaboration with each EMEA Strategic Pricing Lead, needs and opportunities for Customer Value Pricing (CVP) projects;
- Plan and organize execution of (CVP) projects, primarily – but not only – focusing on new products launches (NPIs) and new Services and Solutions (S&S);
- Ensure consistent methodological approach for CVPs across the whole MD products and Services & Solutions portfolios; propose appropriate methodology tailored to each project, within given resources and budgets;
- Set-up and lead project logistics, in close partnership with EMEA Strategic Pricing Lead, EMEA Marketing Managers as well as with country Pricing, Marketing and Sales partners;
- Develop research hypothesis in collaboration with EMEA Pricing Lead, EMEA Marketing Managers, and other relevant partners (health economics, medical, sales, etc.);
- Develop research material (questionnaires, products/services & solutions profiles, etc.) in alignment with relevant primary research approach/methodology;
- Ensure timely execution of each CVP projects; participate in field activities;
- Conduct analysis of primary research data and support development of strategic pricing recommendations;
- Help disseminate findings of CVP projects across the organization (e.g. dedicated presentations, marketing launch meetings, business reviews);
- Is a member of EMEA Pricing Council, sharing best practice throughout the region;
- Drives pricing culture within the organization; In collaboration with Education Solutions provides training opportunities to develop pricing capabilities across the region
- Have thorough understanding of existing evidence, research results; understand portfolio strategies and know competitive landscape
- Together with pricing and marketing managers design Customer Value Pricing research projects, define key business questions and the best way to answer them
- Organize field execution of pricing research internally or through external vendors
- Participate in the research execution
- Analyse and communicate findings/ insights
- Strong analytical skills, ability to work with data, and derive strategic implications;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to precisely handle different priorities;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and ideally also in other languages;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to work in a challenging environment and under time constraints;
- Ability to work with high level of autonomy;
- Effective social and teamwork skills;
- Dedicated, enthusiastic, curious, flexible;
- High work ethics and confidentiality;
- Willingness to travel locally and regionally as required (30% of time, more at peak periods)
- Master’s degree is preferred, business or engineering degree is a plus;
- Proven experience in planning and executing primary customer and market research;
- Experience in the healthcare industry, Medical Devices experience is optional but considered a plus
- Good understanding of marketing strategies;
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
Your rare talents and perspectives can make a vital contribution to creative products that improve the lives of people everywhere. At Johnson & Johnson, our company's ethical character is defined by our people. We strive to attract people with strong, positive values and we develop, reinforce and reward those values. With good career development opportunities, we are the world's sixth largest consumer company and can demonstrate an excellent range of benefits. If our ethos is aligned to your values, then this could be the best career move you'll make.
Johnson & Johnson is a supporter of equal opportunities and is a proud member of Disability Confident
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)
Health Economics Mkt