Johnson & Johnson Careers
Buyer Planner (23 month contract)
Requisition ID: 1905720723W
DEPARTMENT: Planning, Purchasing & Procurement
REPORTS TO: Planning Team Lead
The primary purpose of this job is to Plan the Manufacturing and Positioning of Cork manufactured product to ensure Customer and Business Requirements are achieved.
ORGANISATIONAL INTERFACES: Engineering, Operations, QA, Reliability, Warehouse & Logistics, Source, External Suppliers and other DePuy Sites.
Live OUR CREDO
Demonstrate and inspire the behaviours that reinforce Our Credo: Credo-based decision making; trusting, collaborative and ethical work environment; highest standards of quality, compliance and accountability
Cultivate external relationships and partnerships: Insight-driven to uncover unmet needs; forge internal collaboration across all levels of the enterprise; develop deep insights into the needs of our patients, customers and markets
Drive innovation; anticipate and shape industry and market changes to advance health care globally: Translate insights into viable products and solutions that create value; Challenge the status-quo; lead and adapt to change; take and manage risks
Create an environment where leadership and talent development is top priority: take ownership for development of self and others; maximize the power of diversity and inclusion; engage in transparent and constructive conversations
Deliver results by inspiring and mobilizing people and teams: empower people to act with speed, agility and accountability; demonstrate a global and enterprise-wide mind-set; balance short and long-term strategic choices.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for the effective coordination of the supply planning, purchasing and production scheduling activities for products managed.
• Managing on time supply to customers.
• Management of raw material and component supply to support Operations. Monitors production planning system with relevant performance metrics e.g. schedule attainment, lead time.
• Determines production plan and in association with VS partner, ensures timely completion of planned production.
• Analyses product demand, sales patterns, and forecasts, as well as production specifications and plant and supplier capacity data.
• Reviews capacity loads to identify potential manufacturing constraints. Works with Operations, Engineering and Quality partners to resolve and mitigate potential supply challenges.
• Key member of relevant New Product launch teams.
• Identifies key stakeholders and establishes effective communication plans across various groups such as customers, commercial partners, suppliers, global supply chain and site departments.
• Manages and/or maintains raw material inventory investment per inventory entitlement models and drives improvement opportunities.
• Supplier performance management: measurement, identification of performance issues and working together to resolve and prevent reoccurrence.
• Supports evaluation of potential new suppliers.
• Leads site RCCP review for relevant VS.
• Leads supplier or component S&OP and supplier RCCP as required.
• Leads and identifies improvement opportunities for plant manufacturing unit supply S&OP as required
• Identifies and drives Lean or Six Sigma improvement initiatives.
• Ensure compliance with current regulatory standards and guidelines (Financial, EHS and Quality Assurance)
• Support the evaluation of current processes and the transition to improved future processes in conjunction with the global PP&L team.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• Advanced data reporting and analytical skills.
• APICS Certification
• Green Belt six-sigma certification
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
• 4+ years of relevant experience.
• Experienced ERP / Planning Systems User, able to execute in an ERP System
• Supply chain experience in medical device or pharmaceutical industry
• Contract manufacturing experience
• Working knowledge of financial processes
• Demonstrated use of Leadership Imperatives
• Applies understanding of cycle time, throughput, labor efficiency, and related concepts to drive alignment with overall Production Plan
• Demonstrates understanding of the impact of equipment downtime and adjusts daily production plans accordingly
• Leverages knowledge of the production and planning processes to identify opportunities to improve the initial plan, (i.e. through the application of lean processes)
• Data mining skills through MS-Excel (or Equivalent). Strong organization skills and an aptitude for planning.
• Ability to translate complex situations into simple working solutions
• Persuading and influencing others
• Driving continuous process improvements.
Depuy (Ireland) Limited (7386)