Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Product Engineer (TruMatch)
R&D Engineering (R&D)
Requisition ID: 1905720066W
"Caring for the world… one person at a time” inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. This culture of caring is the focus of our corporate philosophy, that are anchored in the internationally applicable Credo
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of technology, devices, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Our broad array of inspired, innovative and high-quality offerings, help advance the health and wellbeing of people around the world.
The TruMatch Senior Product Engineer is responsible for the development and / or integration of new products and processes for the TruMatch CMF / Trauma product lines, which can include custom or patient specific implants, personalized instruments and the software to support those products.
The TruMatch Sr. Product Engineer is responsible for all sustaining engineering and technical file maintenance, as well as support of global regulatory registrations, for the entire TruMatch product line. This position is responsible for collaborating with other internal business segments and operating groups, such as Quality, Supply Chain, Logistics, and our Commercial Organization to implement product and process improvements of our personalized portfolio. The TruMatch engineer will collaborate with external suppliers and partners to ensure seemless and efficient flow of products and services, and to implement improvements to meet new service requirements.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of new products and processes in support of the TruMatch Trauma/CMF portfolio. This can include new personalized implants and instruments, and the computer systems and software that support those products
- Responsible for the sustaining engineering activities as they relate to the existing TruMatch Trauma/CMF products and services. This can include remediation of technical files and verification of software updates.
- Identifies and investigates new technologies and projects with the guidance of the TruMatch Manager, Principal Engineer and/or Director of Product Development
- Generation and submission of intellectual property
- Conceptualizes new implant and instrument design based upon current surgical trends and needs.
- Responsible for development within the high impact projects within the group, including new product development, software upgrades, and overall process improvements.
- Coordinate and lead special tasks assigned by TruMatch Manager, Principal Engineer and / or Director of Product Development (i.e. creation of design or manufacturing standards, sales force or training presentations, etc.)
- Perform verification/validation activity reviews for the group and department assuring patient, FDA/MDR, and surgeon requirements are met for a quality product and service.
- Support the regulatory registration needs from the various regions
- Establish and maintain key relationships with internal and external partners, such as manufacturing, quality, regulatory, sales, marketing and suppliers, in order to efficiently identify and implement change
- Establish and maintain relationships with experts in the field (i.e. surgeons, research scientists, metallurgists, etc.) , as well as the commercial sales organization
- Integration of new technology and / or new technology partners through collaboration with business development, franchise marketing and supply chain
- Maintain awareness of surgical trends through involvement with technical societies and /or support of AO expert groups within the TK system.
- Held accountable as designated independent engineer within the department and for other groups and departments as necessary for design reviews and technology transfer.
- Assumes the trainer/mentor role for any associate PD engineers or new PD engineers in the product development process.
- Able to perform engineering related tasks of Manager or Principal Engineer when they are not available.
- Able to understand and support specific TruMatch operational tasks upon the request of the Manager and / or when case volume warrants it.
- Travel will be required up to 20% of time
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times
- BS in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) required.
- MSE in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent) preferred.
- Minimum of four years experience in the design and development of mechanical products, including multi-component systems.
- Demonstrated success in leading project teams from concept through introduction according to project plan.
- Excellent communication and interaction skills, especially when describing technical concepts to surgeons, sales personnel, and senior management.
- Must be able to work independently, provide multiple solutions to problems and make systems work together.
- Must possess strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent knowledge of English language (C1 or native speaker)
- Basic understanding of German.
- Advanced knowledge of computer-aided design programs
- Knowledge in software development and validation activities is preferred
- Skilled in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and its application.
- Skilled in project management tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated exceptional creative design and problem solving ability.
- Demonstrated exceptional understanding of medical devices and the operating room environment.
Synthes GmbH (7111)
R&D Engineering (R&D)