Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Controls & Software Engineer
Requisition ID: 1905719863W
Johnson & Johnson Vision Surgery
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The Advanced Engineering team for Vision Surgery will play a key role in supporting this strategy.
The Advanced Engineering team leads the delivery of automated solutions for existing and new products within the global Vision Surgery supply chain. The team works in harmony with the manufacturing sites to understand the needs of the business and then develops automated solutions to support product growth, product quality and cost reduction targets. This in reality means working at the cutting edge of automation technology with selected equipment & technology suppliers. All the roles within the team require a commitment to work globally, travelling to manufacturing sites and the automation solution providers to make the projects happen. Great team work & excellent collaboration skills are a must, as is a can-do attitude.
Staff Controls & Software Engineer
- Responsible for automated equipment controls system requirements planning and functional testing
- Will work closely with project manager or be the project manager for significant automated equipment procurement
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering Electrical or Software preferred.
- 10+ years of professional experience in software and controls systems; Medical devices or pharma is preferred.
- Ability to travel to J&J Manufacturing Facilities & Equipment Suppliers, ~20% of time.
- Gamp5 Knowledge & Computer System Validation (CSV) experience (Document Creation & Test Execution)
- Be excellent at Team Work
- Have Great communication skills
- Experience supporting High Speed Automation Design & Development
- Knowledge in SCADA systems
- PLC Programming; Siemens, Rockwell and B&R preferred
- Structure text Code development and testing (eg: HTML, XML, JAVA, C++, Python)
- Good Troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge in IT networks Architecture and functionality
- SQL Databases
- Vision system programming; Cognex platforms (In-Sight and Vision Pro) preferred
- IoT (Internet over Things) platforms Knowledge preferred
- Process Excellence / Six Sigma and formal project management training
- Knowledge in SAP for ERP systems is a plus
- Knowledge of robotics (Staubli, Kuka, Mitsibushi, etc)
- Understanding of mechanical engineering principles
AMO International Holdings (8139)